New to car audio - sub system choice .....

Username: Justincana

Post Number: 1
I'm about to start my first car audio system and I'm really confused of which company to go with. I'd rather stick to one single company (JL audio for example), but it really doesn't make a difference. I'm putting a ~1000 limit on the subwoofer setup. I was thinking of going with a JL 10w7 with a 500/1. I'm not looking for high SPL style sound, rather quality. Any suggestions on other setup/combos that would be a good decision? dual or single doesn't matter. I'm just trying to get a basic layout of what I want.

Anonymous

For a 1000 dollar limit your going to get a pretty bangin sub/amp combo.

If your leaning towards SQL, i'd suggest subwoofers such as the RE x.x.x [around 369] or the Adire brahma [around 379] or eclipse titaniums.

Each of these subs will require different RMS ratings depending on the box type you use, whether it be sealed or ported.

Do some more research on the subwoofers and amps and voice coil configurations.

IMO these subs are just as good [if not better] as the W7s for wayyyyy less money.

Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
OKAY HERE WE GO. PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE. IM NEW TO CAR AUDIO. I RECENTLY PURCHASED AN INFINTY 1210a MONO SUB AMP(1300wRMS@2ohm)AND AN 15" MTX 9500 D4ohmVC TO GO WITH IT. ON THE INSIDE OF MY TRUCK I CAN FEEL THE BASS VIBRATING ME BUT OUTSIDE OF MY TRUCK IN CAN BARELY BE HEARD(w/windows down)WHY? SOME TIMES ITS NOT TO LOUD YET SUB SOUNDS DISTORTED,-BOX? MY FRIEND HAS A 13W7 W/AN MTX 1501 THAT CAN BE HEARD SMOOTHLY HALF A BLOCK AWAY,-WHY? SOMETIMES YOU CAN BARELY HEAR IT(13W7) BUT YOU CAN FEEL THE WALLS VIBRATING, IS THAT SPL? I WANT TO EITHER REPLCE THE MTX OR ADD SOMTHING THAT I CAN FEEL/LISTEN SMOOTHLY 1 BLOCK AWAY. I NEED SUGESTIONS PLEASE HELP.

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
WHAT IS EXCURSION AND DOES IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HOW BASS SOUNDS? I WANT SMOOTH BASS EX. LIL JON I HAVE AN INFINTY 1210a WITH AN MTX 15" 9500. I WANT TO REPLACE THE MTX WITH SOMETHING LOUD/SMOOTH ie. JL AUDIO 13W7. I WAS THINKING MAYBE AN ORION H2? I NEED SOME BASS NOW. PLEASE HELP ME

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 3
i need bass like that of a JL AUDIO 13W7. IS THAT THE BEST SUB AROUND THAT WILL GIVE LOW SMOOTH BASS
THAT I CAN HEAR/ FEEL HALF BLOCK AWAY?

Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 7
OMIGOD I LOVE CAPS
DONT HIJACK THREADS
Jl makes great subs - but for your 1000 dollars, you could get something that will sound about the same for less money.
Check out www.adireaudio.com as well as
www.powered4sound.com and www.reaudio.com
Powered has some good deals with their preloaded boxes - plus, their Snailshell design rocks. . Shop around a bit and I'm sure you'll find something that you'll love.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
The reason you can't here your sub could be the type of car you drive. I have the same problum with my 98 chevy z71. More than likely it isn't your setup. The excursion is how far the sub can go more or less, and the more excursion a sub has., the louder the sub will usually go. Also ported boxes also do better with spl. Anyway I would go with eclipse, re x.x.x or the adire brhama. All good sub's. For braine pounding base but no sq really, go with the re mt's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us