Sound OFF novice winner!

KevinZA1
Unregistered guest
Hey guys I just thought I'll let you know that, after lots of time spent in this board making my decision buying good subs, at an affordable price.

I finally bought 2x COUSTIC CF124 sub woofers and a SOLID AUDIO class D Mono(760w RMS@2ohm - 1100w RMS@1ohm)) amp. I won the NOVICE class at our local sound off hitting 143.2db legal, with the seats up and the backboard on. Using a 1.5cft^3 ported box.

I was surprised when I got the trophy, as I only wanted to know what my new install was pushing, I built the box to spec by myself. Got loads of info from the web especially www.bcae1.com.

The Coustic carbon fibre 12's are really under rated, their build quality is superb. And performance is mind blowing. The subs alone weigh just over 8.5 kgs each. These babies really pound the sh*t out of my VW golf III. I now have to look for sound deadening material to reduce the excessive rattling from the hatch door. and the best part is that these subs wont cost u a arm & leg about R1100 or $105. But they really hungry for power.

Very happy and please with my purchase.

KevinZA1
Unregistered guest
these subs are not really know but they have true potential.

Sometimes its worth sticking your head out and looking around, not just taking other peoples opinions. for the audiophiles theses subs might pass you by without having to see what gems these speakers really are

Bronze Member
Username: Flyfishin4trout

Park City, UT USA

Post Number: 39
I totally agree. Sometimes people like to play the name game. There are a lot of small good companies out there that make great products. My two cents it to just listen and not get caught up in the whole is it RE, JL, Adire, blah blah blah. Its much better to let your ears do the choosing. By the way great job on the competition. I am hoping to do some SQ stuff in the future. I havent even been to a competition I guess that would be a start. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us