Capacitor wiring

Username: Sureshot006

MI US

Post Number: 1
I want to install a capacitor, but I am not sure how to wire it. I currently have a 4 gauge wire to a distribution block and 8 gauge wires from there to two amps. One amp is powering a sub and the other 2 6x9's. How would I go about wiring the capacitor? Only on the sub power wire? In front of the distribution block? Help!

Adam C
Unregistered guest
I would say to hook the capacitor up as close to the amp as posible, off of the 8 gauge between the distribution block and the amp. You could (and prob should) get two so each amp has one.

Unregistered guest
i have a small problem i forgot how to wire my capacitor is it in parallel to the supply or in series please help me

Username: Donp

Detroit, MI USA

Post Number: 9
PARALLEL. Positive to positive, negative to negative. Just like wiring a second battery.

John L
Unregistered guest
I purchased a capacitor for a table saw motor (110v)(Sears). Original capacitor and wiring block were removed and lost. The capacitor received has two pigtail connectors. There are no labels for positive or negative. Does it matter which?
How do I wire?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6035
when you set your car on fire or blow your hand off, send me pictures please?

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 28
indeed :-)

Username: Katami

Albertville, Alabama USA

Post Number: 8
a 110volt cap. designed for a table saw should only be used on such.... indeed send me pictures aswell when you set your car on fire =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us