Volfenhag Amps!!!

Anonymous

I've heard their subs aren't too bad but what about their amplifiers?

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 68
I tried one of their amps recently, Wasn't bad. Forgot the brand model though.

Anonymous

do they have much distortion like pryamid or legacy?

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 50
Not sure if they're too bad, know they're not good. If they are anything like their subs, then stop wasting your time on them. Their subs are absolutely terrible...my friend got them and they sounded like someone's hammering nails down.

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 79
They are ALOT better than Pryamid and Legacy. I've used both a pyramid and a Legacy amp and the Volfenhag performed alot better.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 564
Speaking of amps, I just ordered Audiobahn A8002T for $139. I'll keep you guys updated once I test it. On paper, the spec looked good.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 60
Isaac's the man. I'm all about testing out Audiobahn stuff! AW1006T's pound, A2300HCT drives them well. I'm gonna get the A6004T for my friend to drive the entire system, so I'll let everyone know on that as well. I'm looking forward to what you have to say on that amp, Isaac...they're pretty much the same amp, new intake series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
Oh don't you worry, I'll let everyone know, including the Audiobahn haters :-)
I always do extensive research on the model before I buy it. So far it could be another one of those amps that's underrated and under priced. For $139 I can't complain. It's even cheaper than my MTX amp, and this one comes with x-over/filter/remote bass port.

Username: Sporttruck1992

Somerset, Ky USA

Post Number: 3
yes I am running 2 12 Volfenhags right now and they rock just need to know of a good amp thats not a soul grabber(lol) to buy cant afford a lot!
I have a 400 watt 4 channel dhd amp which I love3 but just not the power I need for my subs any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
Hey Bud, the cheapest power amp you will find is MTX 6500D. They usually go for $75 - $125 on eBay. It is rated 500W rms @2ohms, and 775W rms @14.4v.
Can't get an amp that powerful at that cheap price. Sure Pyramid is around that price, but you know they never deliver as promised.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 98
Speaking of pyramid, legacy, boss, and such...Isaac, have you tried any of them? Just want to know how they are.

Silver Member

Post Number: 684
I've tried like everyone else Pyramid, Boss, Sony, and few other no name brands. They're all the same, tons of promises and 1/4 to 1/2 delivery. Boss was disappointing. On their packaging it said 250W rms, it's more like 70W rms. I don't know how they can lie like that.
If I had the time and money, I would've sent back the item back to Boss for refund.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6068
this is what you get when you buy $20 subs and $40 amplifiers. There is no magical way to get a killer system without spending some money for decent equipment. When will people realize this?

Volfenfag isn't any better than boss, pyramid, rockwood, or any of the rest. They're all low end, cheap chrome plated crap meant to appeal to the jobless and the unemployed (read highschool students) who can't afford anything better.
You'll get sound.. (until the product fails in 6 months) but it's not going to be mindlbowingly good sound by any means.

I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk on this topic, but I just get tired of seeing this same thread pop up over and over again and people ask but never listen. They buy crap anyway then come back afterward with the "you were right" posts.
There is some truth to the old addage, "You get what you pay for."

Best of luck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 687
Hey glasswolf, all opinions are welcomed here. I just stated my experience above to tell people that, yes pyramid/boss and few others do really suck and lie about their power ratings.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6071
just on a side note about BOSS Audio, their PD3000 and PD4000 amplifiers seem to get good words from their owners, and apparently put out some decent power. Not one of their cheaper amplifiers, but if you raelly want to go with that brand, those are one of the only amps I'd consider..
Cheaper amplifiers, relatively speaking, but if you're really strapped for money and need considerable power, the pd4000 may be a solution. Especially if it's a temporary fix till the money is a little more plentiful.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 56
Glass is right about the lower end products. If it is a money situation try to save alittle longer and dont get discouraged if you can't have your system right away. I would say invest in good equipment one piece at a time. Like your Deck and work your way back. Piece by Piece you will notice a difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Nghisus

Post Number: 16
Do it once
Do it right
Must've meant
You paid the price
Do it cheap
Do it wrong
It's gonna mean
You'll pay twice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »