Amp+Sub for around $100 w/o shipping

Username: Airman

Post Number: 2
I've got 2 things in mind. I know the Pioneer TS-255DVC is one of the best subs for the money. Now as for an amp, I was thinking a Pyramid PB444X amp, and bridge it to get about 400w (sub RMS is 350). The only thing is...I'm skeptical paying only $50 for a 2 channel amp. Although I have read reviews, saying it's great, I still want to make sure.

So what's your opinion on this?

Also...on boxes....Sealed, ported, or bandpass? I am trying to keep this as small as possible.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmmcool

Manistee, MI United States

Post Number: 23
that amp should work, maybe not be as loud as another amp mgiht be, check ebay for a decent amp cheaper.

If you want a Small enclsore, go with sealed, its the smallest, POrted is pry the biggest, Bandpass is hte middle.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 215
JM is right about the box sizes. However I would not go with a pyramid amp. They have a very high failure rate, and are very over rated power wise. I would save up some more and look into a JBL refurb off of ebay. Lot better amp, and still pretty cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2677
Bandpass is much bigger than ported usually. Remember a bandpass typically is a sealed enclosure combined with a ported enclosure up front (4th order), or essentially two ported boxes for front and rear chambers (6th order).

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 216
yeah I should read the whole sentince more often Johns right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us