2 sets of inputs on my subs

Username: C12698

Oklahoma

Post Number: 10
I just bought a pair of Alpine 12" 1221d's. I Have one amp per sub. The subs have a + and - connection on both sides of each sub, I'm guessing because they are dual voice cones (2ohm) I need to know how to correctly connect the + and - wires coming from my amp, to the sub?? If I read the diagram right, it said to put the + wire to a + input and the - wire to the - input on the opposite side of the sub and then run a wire from the remaining + input to the remaining - input on the opposite side of the sub. Is this how it go's, or can I split the + and - speaker wire coming form the amp and run the + to both +'s and the - to both -'s??? Please help, thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 85
Since you have an amp per sub then do it like this make sure you amp can do 1 or 4 ohms at the power you need.... http://www.chanstats.com/subs/1d2x2.html

Bronze Member
Username: C12698

Oklahoma

Post Number: 12
I lost my book for the amps, but if it helps ya any, my two amps are both kenwoods (kac-929) Also, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but each one of my subs are dual (2ohm) + (2ohm)

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 86
I see. that combo will work well together just wire the subs as shown in the first diagram and you will be set.

Help2
Unregistered guest
read my reply in the thread you posted in the amp
section if you dont wanna blow up your subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us