Glasswolf or someone with knowledge help me out

Username: Klone420

Post Number: 10
Thanx, my amps are Kenwood KAC-823,&Denon Mos Fet DCA-500. the setup-head is pioneer DEH-1600 50Wx4 load is 4-8ohms. I've got 2 6 1/2 4-way Pioneers in front, 2 6x9 3-way Alpines in rear and the denon is hooked up to two 12" kenwoods, while the two channels from the kenwood amp aren't connected to anything. my questions are can I hook up all the channels two the subs? or what do your suppose I should do with this equip. I want it as loud as possible but quality sound. or what will make it loud VS what will make if sound clear. also how should the amps be wired (what gauges,fuse size,and if I need a cap.) lastly where can I find out the Watts these amps have&possibly their value

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6059
if the pioneed has pre-outs for front, rear, sub then run one amp for the front speakers, and one for the subs.
otherwise you'll need an electronic crossover of EQ/crossover to do this with one set of preouts from the stereo.

no, you cannot run both amps to one pair of subs

Unregistered guest
glasswolf just reading through your forum and im hoping you can help me out you seem to know what your talking about i have a jbl gto6000 amp and a jbl gto2000 amp im using the smaller of the two to run 2 6x9s and i want to use the gto6000 to run two jbl 1000w subs but im not sure how to bridge the amp to get the most power to each of the subs i'd also like to run another set of 6x9s off the same amp thanks for any help

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6148
bridging an amp doesn't make it put out any more power.
it'll put out the same power bridged as it will in stereo since when the amp is bridged, it's only stable to twice the load as when in stereo mode.

euge
Unregistered guest
thanks for the reply m8 what do you reckon is the easiest way to wire it all up to get the best out of it and make it sound like its supposed to?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6377
I'd run the fronts on the kenwood, leave the denon on the subs, and run the rear 6x9s from the head unit.

euge
Unregistered guest
wrong person lol ive got the jbl setup

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6403
if you've got a two channel amp just use two 2 ohm subs.
one on each channel
that'll be full power from the amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us