What is so bad about AudioBahn

Anonymous

Seriously, Whats so bad about AudioBahn. I know 90% of the people out there that say ohh i had an audiobahn this and it sucked nuts and wasnt loud and it blew out and fucked my amp up. Everyone's got the same story over and over. I have 2 of em and beat the piss outta them. I also have a 15" Treo and still like my audiobahns better. I've tried 2 12" alpine, 12" p3, 2 12" JL w3. Ranging monoblock amps from 250 RMS kenwoods, to JL 500-1.

So people who truely have bad experiences with Audiobahns, I wanna hear what you think.

Bronze Member
Username: Stephenc8869

Post Number: 16
audiobahns look nice with the cute lil flames, but my buddy had a pair of audiobahn aw1200q subs priced about 179 each, he had a audiobahn amp to go with it and got them professionally installed from a local car stereo shop. now they were loud b4 the voice coils melted, but still my 2 type r's kicked there a$$. im not an audiobahn hater but they wouldnt go in my car.

Bronze Member
Username: Stephenc8869

Post Number: 17
audiobahns look nice with the cute lil flames, but my buddy had a pair of audiobahn aw1200q subs priced about 179 each, he had a audiobahn amp to go with it and got them professionally installed from a local car stereo shop. now they were loud b4 the voice coils melted, but still my 2 type r's kicked there a$$. im not an audiobahn hater but i wouldnt put them in my car.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1178
i dont like them...i dont feel like typing the story again, its in the archives but in short, the cone seperated from the former and make this awful insanely loud slapping noise...destroyed the cone and sent the former out of magnetic range, thus crippling the suspension entirely and tearing the spider

aw1208t - 2003 model with 800w rms at 1 ohm

this is why i am never buying their stuff again

they just have no sq at all and i dont believe u like ur audiobahns better than a treo...alpine what? rockfords arr not much better thn audiobahn for subs, w3v2's dont get very loud at ALL and 500w rms isnt a whole lot realistically..

Azzhole
Unregistered guest
Ive never personally owned anything by audiobahn. but I know many people who have/do. the thing I dont like about audiobahn is inflated numbers, poor build quality and those rediculous looking products. Ive heard the eternals, immortals, alums, and most of the entry level subs they make. they all bottomed out at about 1/3 of their rated power...at least it seemed like that.

Ive heard better things about their amps...
but when any product a company makes turns me
off, I usually stay away from the whole make...
and Im not willing to try out a couple
products of theirs just to see which ones
are good, and which ones arent.
Plus Id prefer not too feel like one of those
mongoloids on p!mp my ride, driving around
with a trunk full of super heavy, chromed-out turds.
But if you like them...more power to you.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
A few nights ago I watched p.i.m.p im ride and "Mad Mike" was claiming these where the best on the market, and "Xibit" goes you got to stop liying about this on tv man, its when they "p!mp" the Blazer.
belive me p!mp my ride isnt the one lying its MTV taking bribes from corpate america.

Azzhole
Unregistered guest
Dude, I dont care which one is lying.
I saw the show.
The subs were rockford titaniums.
The point is....Audiobahn is no good.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I agree im just saying corpate america says there good. I had my first bad expirance with Audiobahn at CC, I blew it when it was on the shelf, the amps gains where too high, when they set them.
I never did or will purchase Audiobahn stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 19
I saw that episode... It was the rockfords...

BucketNMop
Unregistered guest
Not to be a dick...
but the word you're looking for is "corporate"

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Yha, I know I have a spelling problem, I uninstalled most Mircosoft products due to inscurities. and I dont feel like installing 50 patchs for one program.

MS Word is on my laptop.
I hope I havent offened any of you with my mispellings.
But really Im just tired of MS programers that cant get somthing right the first time and not sell-off the source code to a virus programer for explotation.

BucketNMop
Unregistered guest
Well...back to audiobahn sucking I suppose?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
how about Mircosoft sucking? maybe Audiobahn and Mircosoft should make computers togather.
then we could b!tch about that all day long.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
then maybe MTV could make a show called p.i.m.p my computer, and all they use is audiobahn systems.

BucketNMop
Unregistered guest
I use slackware.
and Im using firefox to browse..
but this is a car audio forum.
:-)

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Both hobby's of mine.
and soon(i hope) will combine the 3rd.
Computers + Car Audio + Semi-Trucks.
no head unit so far has the prosscessing power of my laptop running mulitple DSP's as a straight signal.
but who knows, maybe we'll get touch screen head units that will run on an OS, probly Mircosoft, seince I noticed that MS makes OS's for PDA's...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us