Re vs Alpine

Username: Smpd357sig

Post Number: 2
IM looking at 2 12" type R's in a Powered 4 Sound double shot or 2 15" type r's in a regular box, Or 1 15 RE X-X-X in a SS. Where can the X-X-X be bought? Is there a warrany? Whats has the best SQ and SPL in a SS? A 15" type R or 15" X-X-X?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 101
www.reaudio.com

the X.xx is a better sub in sq and spl, in my opinion. i believe it has a warranty. im not up to date on the snailshells though. try emailing them im sure they can answer that

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1124
oh man..

the triple x hands down would be loudest and cleanest sounding sub - type-r's cannot come close to comparing, although the type X can..

Username: Smpd357sig

Post Number: 3
would an MTX 801D power an X.X.X? if not what what should I use that is not super expensive?

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 275
You would be under powering the sub by a couple 500 watts

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 104
not too familar with mtx amps but im sure it would. just make sure the amp you get is one ohm stable. it will be able to handle more power. try orion amps not sure which model but i know they make amps that are .5 ohms stable

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1150
the thunder801d is only 2 ohm stabel, i would recciomend a bp600.1 and underpowering the sub, yes...

put in the right box you wont need more than 600w rms and people need to realize power ratings are THERMAL not mechanical...you dont need exact power ratings
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us