2 10"'s vs 1 12"

Bronze Member
Username: Karthalin

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 19
Ok, I was at a stereo retail store that sells some nice quality stuff (Orion, Treo, RE) and some real crap (Pyle, Pyramid). Anywayz, the owner of the store talked to me for an hour answering my questions and telling me his opinion. One thing he stressed more than anything is this: With my listening pleasure (Lots of Hard, Fast House Techno) I would be happier with 1 12" sub vs 2 10" subs. Is this true?? I have owned 2 12's before and I was not happy with them, my friends had two 10's and I liked them a whole lot more. So, in your opinions, will 2 tens sound better in my scenario?

I have a 96 BMW M3, and I am looking at high end Treos, RE X.X.X, and Orion H2's, so it would be comparing 2 10's of one of these brands with 1 12. Pushing about 1200W to each speaker no matter what the set up. Opinions?

Username: Klone420

Post Number: 6
I don't think size matters in this scenario, for better sound I say you have them customly installed insted of a box so that you hear the subs and not the quarter panels.

Bronze Member
Username: Karthalin

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 21
Well, whatever set up I get I am gonna have the subs hanging off of the Deck, and I think I am gonna have the box ported into the cabin. So some fibergalssing might be in order here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us