Help with my sub box!!! How to seal?

Bronze Member
Username: Klone420

Post Number: 14
I have two 12"s in a closed box but its nowhere near being air tight, how can I fill in the gaps to make it air tight?

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 13
Silicone caulk is supposed to seal it. I dont really know exactly how to install it, but I would really like to know seeing how I am building a box tomorrow. Anybody that knows how please fill me in.

Bronze Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 25
Just take the silicone and run a bead of it at every seam. You can use your finger to smooth it out and ensure that it has penetrated into the cracks. If you are building a box from scratch, I recommend putting a small bead on the joining edges before you screw them together. This adds strength to the joint.

Anonymous

liquid nail is also a good for running the bead, another idea to insure its sealed air tight is to buy a can or two of spray in truck bedliner and spray that inside the box. Its not much and always makes me feel more comfortable when building the box

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1159
eh...caulk does the job

or you can use uber amounts of glue when building the box...thats normally what i do because its too hard to go in the port and caulk it up while in the building process

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 17
SO what is the order when building a box? clamp wood together, then glue, then screw in screws? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 80
I say Glue, Clamp,pre-drill holes, then put the screws in. After that i take some silicone and line all the cracks from the inside, If its a tight squeeze just use your finger.

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 72
pre drill holes, glue - ALOT, screw it all up - dry- silicone seal it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us