Anyone running a Hifonics Brutus 1500 at one Ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 121
I have this model amp and am currently using it only at 500 watts at 4 ohms. Going with a new sub, have a choice of DVC 2 or 4 ohm, so I can run the amp either at 2 ohms or 1 but I hesitate, even though the amp is rated at one ohm stable, as I am thinking it may run too hot. Anyone have one of these amps and run it at one ohm and if so any issues???

Thanks
Mike

Username: Phx

Post Number: 5
i run 2 ohm with my brutus 500 but i've tested it with a 1 ohm load on 2 subs and it worked fine. it got just a little warm, by no means hot, but your amp is much bigger so i dont know if your results will be similar. i'm sure that will need tons of power though

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 122
Thanks, yeah the comparison is hard to figure, the amps being so different. I am just trying to decide if I want to run it at 1000 or 1500 watts, the 1500 would be at 1 ohm, wonder if I should be safe and just run it at 2 ohms it may get too hot at 1, but then again it is rated ok at 1, man not sure what to do. Getting the sub off of eBay so I can't return it if the amp runs too hot.....

Bronze Member
Username: Virulentv

Post Number: 40
i am running brutus 1000d at 1ohm stable. till now it has not given me any problems. it never cuts off or went that hot. its fine got no complaints

Silver Member

Texas

Post Number: 123
Thanks Umair; I wish I had a test sub to run for a few days to see what happens. The 1000d is the same as mine (I think) except for a little power difference so if you are running at one ohm maybe I am good to go. Does anyone know if the ohms make a difference in how much power the amp is drawing? I do have a 160 amp alt with yellow top battery, so I should be good to go but I wonder if running the amp at one ohm requires more juice than running it at two??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us