Help with Altenator question, please

Username: Phlipdawg35

Post Number: 1
I'm close to installing my system in my vehicle. I have two Kenwood Excelon amps

KAC-X811d and the KAC-X541. Each amp is fused at 80 amps(recommended from manufacturer) My thinking is to run a 0 gauge (about 12ft) wire from the battery to a distribution box where I'll branch off 4 gauge power wires (2 ft each) to each amp. Is this a good idea or over kill?

I'm also concerned with my vehicles overall power consumption. I have power everything in my truck. From reading several posts here, it looks like a HO Altenator is what I'm going to need. I've also seen some comments on upgrading my wire from the battery to the altenator to a 4 gauge wire. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Username: Choir_boy

Va U.s.

Post Number: 6
I had a question 4 any1 that could be of help. I have a 96 land rover disc.(v8) and i can't find any1 that can get me a h/o alt. 4my car. I tried Mr. alt. and 4alterstart with no luck. Tried Aldo also to no avail. Can any1 help me? Thanks 4 your time.

Bronze Member
Username: Hiamps

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 23
Richard Phelps
KAC-X811d and the KAC-X541. Each amp is fused at 80 amps(recommended from manufacturer) My thinking is to run a 0 gauge (about 12ft) wire from the battery to a distribution box where I'll branch off 4 gauge power wires (2 ft each) to each amp. Is this a good idea or over kill?

Yes I think this very good Idea.
If you haven't buy your HO Alternator yet. Send me a email with your truck spec. and I'll get back to you.
Aldo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us