Local audio shop

Anonymous

I go into the local audio shop this morning to listen to some componet sets, Mainly the Infinity. He's asking me what kind of subs i like what kind of subs im goin to put in my truck and all. I start naming off RE, Adire,eD and he basically laughs at me. Tells me to get a brand that has a warranty and dosent belong at a flea market. Since im goin with eD he said he bets me 100 dollars that his Rockford Fosgate Power Stage 2 will be louder and have better Sq than my 13kv.24. What do you guys think, should i bet him. He said we will both do a sealed box built to spec and amped to spec.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6020
If he thinks Resonant Engineering is a flea market brand, he's never seen a system outside of circuit city.
Tell him to attend some real sanctioned competitions and he'll learn what real brands are.

Ask him if he's ever heard of brands like rainbow, dynaudio, Tru, Sinfoni, Brax, or McIntosh.

typical attitude from someone who's only seen big mass produced company products though.
Tell him his cocky attitude is very good for one thing.
Driving away customers.

Anonymous

Have you ever heard of Bill McDowel?

Anonymous

He claims to have done all of this and that and to be the head of this and that..

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 573
Either he's a great salesman or he's a bull's best friend... :-)

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 283
i've went into shops and got reactions like the one you got.

since RE, Adire, eD, and others are not "main stream" brands they figure that JL and Kicker are the KINGS of car audio! They dont realize just how good RE, Adire, eD, etc. are.

i'm not knocking either brand, both JL and Kicker make good stuff.

...like glass said, go back to the shop and ask about rainbow, Tru, McIntosh, and and stuff....see what they think about those brands!
(i'd bet they think McIntosh is a computer...lol!)

by the way, what size power stage 2 sub is this? how much power will he be giving it and what vehicle is it in?

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 27
that guy is so stupid. HE must be scared, because if he thinks that his power stage 2's are that good, it shouldnt matter that your box is ported. And lets compare a re XX.X 2 a power stage 2, compared to a re XX.X, power stage 2's are flea market material

Anonymous

Goin to give both subs 500 watts. will goin in a 99 explorer. Both 12" subs

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 140
bet him. sick of local shops with LOCAL EXPERIENCE telling people that they have seen it all and heard it all. the same thing happen to me when i asked my local shop if they could build me a box for my soon cooming brahma:-) and they looked at me as if i was buying audiobahn. lol. i thinks thats a good thing though because i will have one of the only brahmas in the great state of new mexico*) A slap in the face. they will not know what hit them.

Anonymous

Thats what i told him basically, I was thx for your input, but i will be back in 3 months to show you what Flea market equipment can do. I have a friend that is doin 2 15" X.X.X Subs in his Expedetion. Were goin to both roll up to the store and let him feel our WRATH :D

Anonymous

The only thing i can find on Mr. Mcdowell is he was awarded Alma Gates Lifetime Achievement Award : Bill McDowell, Wild Bill's Electronics

http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_377.shtml

Im not sure what that is and all amybe someone does and can clear it up for everyone

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 28
ok to make him look extremely stupid since he thinks re and adire are flea market material ask him do he think audiobahn is any good. I bet he says yes, then ask him do he think that audiobahn is better than brahmas and x.x.x's/ IF he says yes we"ll all have to pray for him

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 68
lol

Anonymous

He did mention Pyle...Said the owner of that is the richest man in this indusrty

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 285
hunter,

i know what you mean when you talk about being one of the few people in your state to have a brahma.

i have only met a few people in louisiana that even know that RE, Adire, and eD exist! (some shops know about DD though) I have only met a few other people that have owned one of these brands!
(one of them was running 2 12" RE SExxx's in a ranger, and another had a DD9515 in a CRX...thats about it!)

come to think of it...is there anyone on this message board from louisiana that runs RE, DD, Adire, ID, or eD???

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 144
is there anyone on this forum from new mexico?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6030
where is this local shop anyway
I'm curious now.

Anonymous

Its In Alabama, And its the only local one(within 50 miles)

Anonymous

Call them up for me glasswolf and tell them how it is.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6031
haha
if I'm ever down that way I'll have to drive the dodge down there.
alpine, orion, audiocontrol, dynaudio, and RE.
half of which he'll call old, and the other half he'll never have heard of I'd guess.
I can hear it now hehe "what? that alpine 7990 doesn't even play MP3s?? it sucks!"

Anonymous

lol, This man is prolly in his late 50's now. DO you happen to know what the Alma Gates Lifetime Achievement Award is?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 294
glass,

who is your dodge coming along?
post some pics for us...lol.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 295
what part of alabama?

anywhere near gulf shores?

Anonymous

Nah, closer to the top, close to huntsville, the actual shop is in Boaz alabama

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6040
the charger is apart right now. getting ready to take the motor out.
It's been sitting for a bit now because I'e been busy doing other stuff lately.

Alma Gates:
http://www.teamgates.org

Anonymous

I see
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us