Is _this_ good_ or_ Bad. ?

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 27
using a 4 channel bridgeable amp rf 600.4 to power two Alpine TYPE-R Subs any good.

amp power 300 watt rms X 2 @ 4ohm bridged any good. or is it better than a 2 ch amp or Mono Amp. what do you recommend?

Username: Rubo

Post Number: 2
i would go with a plain 2 channel amp and wire them that way.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 30
do you think 4 channel has to much dc voltage going thru. ? i think it might create clipping.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1142
pending on what coil configuration you got, a 2 or 4 channel would work so would a mono amp
two dual 4 ohm subs, mono or 2 channel to get the most power out of the amp
two dual 2 ohm subs, 4 channel bridged to 4 ohms or mono run at 2 ohms would work

a 4 channel would not have too much dc voltage going through it, if your gains are set right...this goes for every amp out there

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 572
Hey Carlos, why would you waste 4 channel amp to power a sub? Subs are basically a mono, 1 channel. It doesn't matter how many subs you have, they're all still mono.
Just thought you might want to know that.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 31
hey isaac the problem is my friend has a almost new rf 600.4 for 150 bucks. i think its a fair price. i want to give my 2 subs 300 watts rms @ 4 OHM. I have 2 NEW Alpine 1241D's dual 4 ohms. will this amp overpower my subs like my old 700x rf amp that was giving me 350 watts rms @ 4 ohms. ? Will four channel F*ck up my subs. I really dont wanna take my chances. I work hard for my sytem. =-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
Hey carols, that is a fair deal. Get it while it's hot.
I do have a question for you. If your subs are DVC 4ohms, then they're going to be 2ohms connected in parallel. I hope the amp supports 2ohms, if not it won't do you much good.
If you don't have 4 channel amp already to power your front and rear, you can still buy the amp and use it.

Bronze Member

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 34
yeah i already have a 4 channel amp for my mids and highs. also. the amplifier rf 600.4 is rated at 75Watts per channel (4 channels) into a 4Ohm load, 150Watts per channel (4 channels) into a 2 Ohm load, or 300Watts per channel (bridged to 2 channel) into a 4Ohm load. i guess there is no 2 ohm load.

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
Well looks like that amp won't be that helpful to you then. If you like, you can try to run it at 2ohms bridged, but I'm sure it'll over heat. I had to install an extra cpu fan to keep it cool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us