How do you bridge a 2 channel amp?

Username: Bass_crazy

Odessa, Mo U.S

Post Number: 3
I dont know how to bridge a 2 channel amp so i can wire 1 sub up two it and win i bridge it will get have more power in the amp? and there is a mono button on it will that help too.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 11
Each channel has a positive and a negative lead. If the amp is bridgeable, then you'll be able to connect your sub to the positive lead of one channel and then negative lead of the other channel. This will probably produce about double the power of 1 channel. Which amp is it? That way we can help you more.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 12
Each channel has a positive and a negative lead. If the amp is bridgeable, then you'll be able to connect your sub to the positive lead of one channel and then negative lead of the other channel. This will probably produce about double the power of 1 channel. Which amp is it? That way we can help you more.

Odessa, Mo U.S

Post Number: 4
its a older carver amp 90w per channel

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 34
Find out if it's bridgeable. If so just follow the instructions I've given you and you'll be good to go.

Username: Shit4brains

Australia

Post Number: 3
Do you also have to connect the positive & negative terminal that are not connected to the sub with a wire link?

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 56
you have to connect the pos and neg to the box's pos and neg and then to the amps pos and neg.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 565
Whoa Phillips, you don't connect the terminals with a wire link. To bridge most 2 channel amps, take the pos from left channel and neg from the right channel. Use those 2 to connect your sub. Leave the other terminals alone.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 61
What's a wire link anyway?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 568
Not sure, I thought he meant using a wire to physically connect the unused terminals.

Odessa, Mo U.S

Post Number: 6
it has a mono button on it do i need to push it win a bridge it?

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 73
Isaac? I dunno about any mono buttons on amps. This one's on you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us