2 Alpine SWR1221D Setup Questions

Username: Nghisus

Post Number: 1
Word up homies. Ha ha, hey guys I just got 2 Alpine SWR1221D I was just wondering what the best setup would be. I was going to go with either a dual sealed enclosure setup or 2 seperate tube enclosures. Also, I want to use a Power Acoustik OV-1600 to power both of them (any yay's or nay's would be helpful). I also bought 4 new Infinity Kappa 572.5 for the inside. I want to keep the factory head unit because, well, stupid Jaguar makes you ice skate uphill (at least the battery is in the trunk, woohoo!!!). But I do want to switch out the factory amp (suggestions?). I don't want to get too crazy, my passions run, 1. exercise, 2. guns, 3. computers, and then car audio so don't mind spending cheese for quality but not going stupid overboard either. Hope to hear some input from all you guys.

Later!!

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 314
1. Go with a dual ported enclosure if you have the room.
2. STAY AWAY from Power Acoustik products they are garbage; go with an Alpine V12 (mmm), JBL, or Kicker.

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot Damien, will consider going to either JBL or Kicker. It's just this is the first time I've heard anything bad about Power Acoustik, but I don't know diddly about this stuff, so thanks man.

Post Number: 3
Oh yeah, which model would you suggest besides the Alpine V12, between the JBL and Kicker. I know you love that Alpine I had read an older post. Also what would you use for the Kappa's? And are they good speakers? I got 4 of em for 160 brand new so I thought I caught a deal. Sometimes re-education is a b1tch though...

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 316
Yes they are good speakers they sound very nice; id run a class D for your subs and another 4 channel amp for your kaps. Trust me on the Power Acoustik thing I had a brand new amp of theirs for about 2 weeks before it blew up; channels started to fail, over heating problems, etc... Many people have had similar experiences with that company as well; they make cheap unreliable products and should be avoided at all cost.

*KX600.1 I believe and im not sure about the JBL

Post Number: 4
I was thinking about the KX600 too. The thing that impresses me the most about Kicker initially is they advertise the RMS value and not the peak. I really appreciate the heads up on the Power Acoustiks. Now to find a 4 channel amp, haha. It's gonna be a pain man, I swear, I got an 03 S-Type, and I want to keep the factory head unit. I think it has speaker level outputs going to the factory amp. I'll have to figure out which is which, run some adapters on the speaker levels to RCA outputs (probably be 4). Figure out which is the power, ground, remote. Wonder if the remote will start an aftermarket amp. Then Figure out which outputs from the factory amp go to which speaker, it's definitely going to be a chore, but I got an ex-Navy electronics Tech helping me so it'll be fun. Holler at me if you have anymore suggestions.
Later Man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us