Question on subs

Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 1
OK here we go, im not new to car audio stuff, actually i know alot about it but im starting over on my car setup. the first question that i need to know is which will hit harder. 1 12" X.X.X or 2 orion 12's H2's. to me i think the orions will hit harder but the x.x.x will sound better. Any inputs will be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 66
2 orions will hit better - pretty equal sq with the x.x.x

certainly more spl with the 2 subs

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1109
there always is more SPL with more subs cuz of the increased surface area, but the xmax of the triple x is quite a bit more...about 7mm more than the h2

i would go with the one 12" triple x just because they are that good and you dont need two of them to get the desired amount of bass...we all know double the surface area only = +3 dB and thats noticable but not really at the same time

you will be absolutely fine and i think surprised at how much one triple X can put out

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 2
thanx and another question i heard that the x.x.x's can hit up to 150 possibly. Im upgrading from 3 12" hollywood excursion subs. Each of the subs have 13mm xmax.With three it should should move just as much air as 1 x.x.x if im correct right? Which means that it will be equal bass?

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1110
i think the triple x will actually improve your bass overall SQ and SPL

hollywood isnt good stuff really

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 3
for the hollywoods they are ok but the whole reason that im looking into the x.x.x because i want a dramatic spl change.Atleast 10db worth. So should i look into 2 x.x.x's for this change. I never got my car metered but from what you guys say that 150 feels like hell, with the excursions i think im hittin 135-140.I wantsomething that will atleast get me to 150. Any suggestions bacon

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 4
oh yeh...would the 2 12" eclipse titaniums do the job of getting me to 150db?

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1116
i would stick with looking at the triple x's..

a 15" triple x would definately give you that increase you're lookin for

and theres almost no difference in the transient response of the 15" triple x and the 12" triple x so dont worry about it having a "slower response"

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 5
thanx bacon but the problem is with the setup i want recquires 2 subs becuz im doing it for me n my car club and the layout i need 2-4 subs 4 is to many subs with not enough space so i need picked 2 subs. So any inputs on 2 subs that i can get that would get me 2 150db's.(glass,zac,bacon,anybody)

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 6
can anyone help me?

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 100
get 2 X.xxs or brahmas. i knew someone that hit 151 with one w7 in a jeep cherakee., there is a huge selection of subs out there just look.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1125
warren is right...there are a huge amount of super subs to look at..

tdx, brahma, triple x, idmax, w7, 3500 series (dd), 9500 series (dd, not mtx), 9900 series (dd also), type X (alpine), juggernaught, and a few more...

i would definately look into 2 of these subs above, these are top notch subs on the market, i would say the ultimate sub is probably the digital designs 9917, capable of handling over 10,000 w rms and putting out over 160 dB alone

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 17
The one sub did 160 db with that much power but with two in a perfectly ported box would normally hit what db with 1000rms going to each? i know it depends on alotta factors but ballpark figures?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 105
probably around 163-165

Anonymous

where can i find some juggernauts,do they hit perty hard?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 130
http://www.lightav.com/car/mmats/subwoofers.html try here. i dont know anything about this website
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us