American Accessories Wire?

Bronze Member
Username: Cavi954

Deerfield, Florida

Post Number: 16
I bought a 1800 watt amp wiring kit from a cheap a$$ shop and was wondering if anyone has heard of it? I dont want to have to wire the entire car and then have it messing up the signal or distorting or anything. help.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 560
Hey Cavi, wires are pretty much the same. As long as they're the correct gauge, you'll be fine.
I bought my 2nd wire kit from walmart very cheap. It works great.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6010
only thing to be wary of is if it has RCA cables.. cheap ones can introduce noise.
in the future if you don't mind a few days' wait for shipping, try www.knukonceptz.com
they sell pretty cheap, very well made kits.
I spent till 3am this morning installing one of their 4 channel amp kits in a grand cherokee in fact.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 567
Whoa, 3am? Do you have such thing as winter there? I tried working on my car lastnight and it was snowing. My fingers were half frozen.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6026
well I started at night after the guy tiling our floors was done using the garage.
I have a 3 bay heated-floor garage attached to the house. My charger sits in the first bay and the jeep in the second. I can work pretty much year round without getting cold.
I keep it at about 62 degrees in there.. just cool enough I don't break into a sweat when I have to manhandle stuff.
We have snow and ice here already too.. this is Michigan after all.
The jeep is just a bit of a slow project because I'm still waiting on a few parts, it's all leather inside and I don't want to mar any of it, and I'm trying to keep this one as a mostly non invasive install, so as few mods to the actual car as possible. These newer cars do a good job of hiding all the screws and such too so it's been an adventure finding out how to take this one apart with all the factory electronics it has with every offered factory option installed.
Next job is adding a two stage shock sensor to the factory alarm so it'll actually function as an alarm if someone tries to break windows.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us