Sony Amp Only Works When Seat Is Upright

Trevor E.
Unregistered guest
I just finished installing a new Sony Xplode 500w amp and it only powers up when the seat is upright. Does it have something to do with the ground wire that is connected to that seat? I'm happy it works though with all the trouble I've gone through with installing it. If anyone has had this problem please respond.

Bronze Member
Username: Counterstrike

Post Number: 21
double check the ground wire and make sure its ground to the seat frame and not the seat itself.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 561
Whoa guy, what are you doing grounding to a seat? You should be grounding it to the car chassis under the back seat. You have to sand down some paint/coating.
Do it properly once, then you'll be able to enjoy it for a long time.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 69
LOL that's pretty funny. Also check the power wire is connected properly, it may be coming loose when the seat is down.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 584
Trevor, that might come in handy on a Friday night in the parking lot with a girl.. :-)
Last thing you need is loud music when the seat's down...

Anonymous

what if its cold isaac cant they use it as a heater?did you think of that!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 141
Trevor, that might come in handy on a Friday night in the parking lot with a girl..
Last thing you need is loud music when the seat's down...

lol. dont need a seat need a bed. i mean umm check your ground wire. actually the best thing to do is keep flipping you seat up and down. . u should just change your ground wire placement
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us