Whats wrong with my sub

Unregistered guest
i got a pyramid 12" 1200 watt sub and today i was listening with it up to about 2/3rds volume when the sub started to crackle a bit then qo quiet and then on then just VERY quiet, now all it does is make a quiet crackling noise when the system is on, anybody know whats wrong and how i can fix it if its fixable.]

thanks
Tom

wft
Unregistered guest
dead sub.

makes a nice paper weight though.

Bronze Member
Username: Jdc

Post Number: 26
time to buy a new sub

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 271
The voice coil is gone, time for a new sub.

TommyR
Unregistered guest
any reason why the voice coil should suddenly just go? the sub is only a week old.

thanks
Tom

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 439
Pyramid subwoofers, or anything from them that is car audio related is not very good. They do not last long as you can see and they sound bad. There are many better subs out there. The sub prolly blew because your amp was clipping and the fact that pyramid subs just are bot good at all.

TommyR
Unregistered guest
time for a new sub then!! just bought a Power Acoustik FUBR-12 1800W subwoofer so im hoping that will be good.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 127
they are ok. i have some not that great but can hold you over until you decide to upgrade. yeah they may have rms of a bout 700 but they will not get as loud as you think. trust me.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 534
I don't know how much you guys are spending on subs, but so far I haven't heard anything that can sound better than my 18" MA Audio sub. The speaker is $200 plus box.
Not only is my sub loud, it also pounds due to very heavy magnet (320oz).

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 128
that power acoustik is like a hundred bucks. my brahma was 380. what does your ma look like. i have seen a few of them and they look weird to me, i saw them on ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us