Problem with Car Speaker, Need Help...

Username: Zurdog

Post Number: 1
I have an 04 Corolla. Recently I heard this vibrating noise/distortion coming from the back speakers. Turning the bass and treble down seemed to help but not much. Further exploration reveled (by using the fade) that it was the back right speaker.

So my question is... what is causing this? How do I fix it? Is there any guide or step by step instructions on what to do? I just assume take it to a car audio place, but I feel like I'll be taken there. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 46
Is this the factory speakers or aftermarket.
If it is aftermark. You may not have screwed it in correctly. Or you might be getting vibration of the plastic panels in that part of the car. I would start by making sure you the speaker in is place securely. Or it could be the sheet metal that the speaker sits on top off.
Check it out and see if it is a mounting issue.

Silver Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 107
if it is a stocked speaker, you might off just blew it out, if you put it up too high...

Username: Zurdog

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help... these are factory speakers. I just can't understand how I can blow one speaker out when they are 6 total... wouldn't the other ones blow out as well?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 518
Well Matt, not all speakers are made equal. You're dealing with stock items. They are very very cheap in quality and price wise. Don't sweat over it. Just buy a pair of decent speakers and install them yourself. If you take it to a car shop, they might charge you for labour. Regardless they will charge something.

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Ever seen a stock speaker, matt? Picture a giant baseball card with half of a toilet roll as the tweeter. Dude, get rid of that junk. later.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 524
That's funny nappydugout.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us