Larger subs have two terminals. Why?

j brower
Unregistered guest
I was wondering my my 15"s have two places to hook up wires, and If how I should hook them up. Thanks, Jeff

Username: Lostnconfused

Far Far Away, I Forgot USA

Post Number: 4
they are DVC subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 51
Dual Voice Coils - on hookup treat like two seperate subs.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JS9R4BRTdT1/tech/kb296.html

Sample diagrams:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JS9R4BRTdT1/tech/kb1158.html

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
wow i thought I'd never see the day.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 56
what day is that?

Bronze Member
Username: Jdc

Post Number: 28
man some people on this site are really smart

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 193
Can I ride in the bus with the cherry flavored windows mommy? No not that one, the short one with the special kids.

j brower
Unregistered guest
thanks for the help j.w. and mallory. Im new to this stuff and i'd appreciate if you guys keep your smart remarks to yourselves.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 102
im sure that not that many people knew what they were talking about when they first started car audio. it is all just a learning exp.

"Can I ride in the bus with the cherry flavored windows mommy? No not that one, the short one with the special kids." now thats funny, unapropriate but funny.

cut him some slack. i think the best way to avoid this kind of situation is to try to find it out by yourself, forums do make it easy though.
if you would like to learn alot about car audio read www.bcae1.com
very helpful, long though

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 59
i'm lost. i wasnt trying to be a smart a@@ at all. im sorry if i came across like that jeff. i am also new to car audio and have learned a lot from this board. i was just trying to share a couple of resources that i have found to be useful. i'm all about researching and having different points of reference; i can't share much from personal experience so i try to share sites that i have learned from. bcae1.com is one of my most read sites. no disrespect bro.

thedude
Unregistered guest
He wasnt talking to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 17
Yeah! Negativity is fun!

thedude
Unregistered guest
Idiocy is "funner"
Im sure you know all about that.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 536
Hey to the new guy, the DVC may have 2 terminals but that doesn't mean you treat it as 2 separate speakers. If fact, you have to use them as "mono". If not, you run the risk of damaging it. The currents in those 2 coils have to move in same direction.

j brower
Unregistered guest
J.W. I wasnt speaking to you in the second sentence in my post, i was just thanking you for your help.
Right now i have the two terminals on each sub hooked up together and i run one set of wires to the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 548
That's good. You're using it as mono. Some people hook 2 channel amp to each coil and then use it in stereo. That will surely cause damage. Two different current in the coils will cause the cone to move in different directions. At high volume, it will either burn out the VC or do some cone damage.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 65
oh, my bad dude. thanks for the correction isaac. i was unintentionally sharing some bad second hand advice. sorry bout that. will be more careful next time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us