What are the most efficient subs around???

Anonymous

i know that if you play subs at the vented enclosures tunning frequency, they move a minimal amount and they are very loud.

wouldnt this mean that you wouldnt have to have a sub that has a high xmax to get high SPL???

what are some really efficient subs?
i wanna find some really efficient subs and do a vented box w/ minimal power.

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 74
i think when u're looking for efficient subs look at the sensitivity, for a good sub it should be around 86db and up. i think thats part if im correct.

Silver Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 107
i think the infinity perfects have good sensitivity specs.

also, subs with an underhung coil design (PPI pro, crystal COMP) should be very efficient as well.

Silver Member

OH USA

Post Number: 108
oh, cerwin vegas are efficient, too.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 92
Audiobahns jump up to 97db and sound great in vented boxes.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 303
sensitivity is a common misconception of how efficient a sub will be.
look for a woofer that has a loose suspension, and lower rms recomendation, and go ported.
aaron, gotta agree with ya, cerwin are quite efficient.

Silver Member

OH USA

Post Number: 109
yeah, sensitivity specs are more accurate for comparing mids and highs, but i still use them to compare subs atleast as a starting point.

in addition to a loose suspension, low-mass cones & coils, high energy magnets, and larger diameter contribute to a sub being more efficient.

lower rms recomendations only mean the speaker is more efficient if its coil & cone weighs less compared to its motor strength. some higher power subs use better designs and more powerful motors to more easily push their heavier coils & cones.

as mentioned in previous post, underhung coil designs tend to be very efficient because of the low mass of the coil. they can take lots of power, but only need a few watts to get loud. IMO, this is a very desireable combination.in addition to PPI and crystal, audiomobile MASS subs used this design. it's too bad they aren't making subs any more - i've always wanted to have a set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us