Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1099
not very good stuff

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 98
MA audio is owned by Audiobahn... very cheap stuff, would never buy.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 228
i've seen a few ma audio amps in the winners circle more than once, plenty of people use them in spl. but sq?...not so much
they deserve more credit than "very cheap stuff"

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 99
ahhhh hubla

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
ooooooookay?

kklagge
Unregistered guest
Then I guess I'll go with some CDT comps & subs....thanks for the input!

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 285
I have to agree with zac. I'm running a MA Audio HK897 bridged at 1200 rms. Not a bit problems. I also have a friend at work that runs the MA Audio HK1397. He doesn't have any complaints either, in fact he is getting ready to buy another one.

kklagge
Unregistered guest
I'm still up in the air about buying the Ma Audio HK597 or the Soundstream VGA500.4.

The HK597 will fit better with the custom sub box from subbox.net without needing them to modify anything (which costs extra $$ of course)

(I know now we're talking amps instead of subs, sorry)

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1102
omfg are u serious kklagge?

thats no comparison the vangogh takes the cake by a long shot as far as quality

but its ultimately up to you to pick and choose

btw koz and zac, i can name so many better brands for the amount you paid for those amps koz

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
I paid $122 for my hk897 new in box shipped. go ahead and start naming.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
kklagge
I also have the vga480.2. Very nice amp. no matter what other people say. To me it's a coin toss. on the 2 amps you have mentioned. I'm sure bacon has other ideas and is probably better versed at this than I am though.
I do have to agree with bacon though the von gogh is a much better amp, or the human reign is totally awsome looks and performance. But it still boils down to what your preference is and what the pocket book allows. Either of the 2 that you mentioned will serve you well.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1106
lol well then...

lanzar, pyle, pyramid, rockwood, kole, soundstorm, will all compete with the quality / price of ma audio

look the difference may not be incredibly significant but it is definately there and nothing show it better than glasswolfs good bad and the guly list

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

please notice where MA Audio is catagorized

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 226
i'ma have to agree with bacon...cuz i've known some guyz that have spent tons of money on MA and kableewy out the winder

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 227
i'ma have to agree with bacon...cuz i've known some guyz that have spent tons of money on MA and kableewy out the winder

kklagge
Unregistered guest
I've decided on the Soundstream VGA500.4 (even before reading bacons post). I've done a lot more research and now know it's bar far the better amp for the money (and it'll fit almost perfectly in the space I have to mount any amps....just want something clean & loud to listen to without going broke on competition level stuff)

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1111
nice choice and i hope it works weel for you :-)

kklagge
Unregistered guest
Going to use CDT CL-62 comps & (2) 10" ID subs with it.

Username: Rockytophigh

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 7
I know you're going to like it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
i love soundstream, i collect old refference series, i've got over a dozen of them. and i collect old art series ppi's as well, i buy old crutchfeild amps as well when ever i come across them. i have bunches of old equip what nowdays is considered vintage to most, even got a few a/d/s amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
zac--you forgot to mention the fact that you also collect spl records also. WTG by the way.

kklagge
You'll really like the soundstream. I kow they didn't make glass's top 10 list but still a very nice amp. You still ought to look at soundstreams human reign series if you haven't. They LOOK totally awesome. But also pricy.

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 8
Zac, you're killing me. I'll never forget the day I bought my Soundstream MC500.

Unfortunately, the wife would never allow me to collect amps. She gave me grief when I bought the Van Gogh 500.4, lol. Great buy for the money though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
thank you koz, and yes that human reign amp is quite thee amp, i still havent seen one in person yet though. hey john, i've got a little D60 sounstream too

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 9
Now that you mention it, i've still got a D100 in my "stereo box" in the garage. I wanted the D60 when I bought it but Hifi Buys didn't have it in stock.

You got any links to your setup?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us