$800

Anonymous

I need some opinions on what 12" subs to get. I need 4 and im goin for more spl. Needs to work well in about 1.0 cu ft per sub sealed enclosure. I have 800 dollars total to spend subs and shipping. I will get the amps later

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 115
shivas 125x4=500

Anonymous2
Unregistered guest
umm....why are you gonna spend 800 dollars on 4 subs but not get amps to push them? do u have enough money to push 4 subs?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 116
he can spend the 300 bucks he has left over from the shivs to buy an amp.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 117
ok to start buying an amp

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 281
w/ $800 you could get the shivas. the $300 you have left would get you a kicker kx1200.1 or a jbl bp1200.1 on ebay. (if you wanna jbl bp1200.1, my buddy is selling his for $210)

shivas are recommended to be used in boxes that are a little bigger that 1.0cuft. i think adire recommends 1.75cu ft per shiva. if you have room for four 1 cuft boxes, you could just do two 2 cuft boxes instead and put 2 shivas in each box.

that should sound pretty good...

what kinda vehicle is this going in?

Anonymous

This is goin in the box built for my blowthrough. The box is built and each chamber is 1.0 cu ft. Im goin to buy subs this month and get the amps next month.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1135
shivas or elemental design 13kv.2's

the kv2's work amazingly well in small boxes

i gots a pair of their 10's

Anonymous

ok looking at the 13kv.2's(i like ther price of those :D )it says 150/550WRms...Which do i run it at. or can i run it at anything in between those nubers?

Anonymous

well i see now that the shivas are also 125

Anonymous

I need to be RICH so i can buy both and see what i like best!!

Anonymous

Goin to go with the eD's. I hope i get some massive Bass out of these.

Help2
Unregistered guest
I just installed 2 13kv2s and a NINe 1 in my friends
car in a 1.5cf per sub common chambered box
tuned to 30hz, about 750wRMS on each (dont do this unless you know what youre doing....)
its nasty loud.
prolly in the low 140's.. but we didnt meter it.
I didnt get a chance to fine tune it either.
I should think youd be plenty happy with 4 of them

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 270
if your going for spl then why are you using a sealed encloser?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 290
i suggest looking at the cerwin vega VMAX as well. 1 cu ft per sub is reccomended for sealed enclosures (not sure if your box is ported or not) and with 300watts a piece they can reach full excursion. VERY good subs for the money, i believe they are 89$ a piece from http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13950 i have 2 in a reg. cab GMC pickup hooked up to a JBL 600.1 and i couldnt ask for more. if you havnt bought the eD's you might want to take a peek at the vegas. good luck

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1139
the 13kv.2's can happily handle very close to 1000w rms of clean unclipped power...

like help2 said, you shouldnt put more than 500 or so on them if you're newer to car audio, like alot of people here.

im looking to get a different amp for my 11kv.2's and right now im at about 138.4 on termlab at the dash

thats only with 250-300w rms on each one in a ported tuned to 29 Hz

i love these little guys and they love me too...

haha anyways, good luck with em and let us know how it goes!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us