Please help, simple questions

Username: Boomboombass

Post Number: 3
Hey i need some help desperatly! I have a Rockford 401S (1200Watt) Amplifier which has a continuous RMS power of 410 WATTS. Its a two channel amp which is driven to full power at 2OHMS per channel. I am looking at different subs that would sound perfect with this amount of power and also subs that will match the OHMS. I am leaning more towards "2" subs of a certain kind but im not sure whether 10", 12", or 15" would sound the best or whether or not i should stick with Rockford subs. I also am not sure how to wire the subs when i get them, if someone could recommend some subs to me and how to hook them up i would greatly appriciate it (Series or Parallel?) (Stereo or Mono?) Please help me out!!! Thanks a lot.
---------Matt

Post Number: 4
Im looking for deep bass and a bit more than optimum power to go into the subs but not too much that my subs will blow. I want them to sound GREATTT!! Please break your suggestions down to me because i do not understand the OHM math thats goes with the different methods of wiring possible. Would svc be better or dvc? What kind of box? (ported or sealed) Please, these questions are simple and are of extreme interest to my knowledge. Thank You

Post Number: 5
I am open to ANY suggestions!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 255
Well your going to have find subs that will end up at 4 ohms. When you bridge the 2 channells on rockford amps it will go mono but it will only hold a 4 ohm load. So if the subs you have already are dual 4 ohm voice coils your straight. Just use parallel on the voice coils, then series to the amp. If you dont like your subs take a look at the kicker comp vr, they sound nice and they are affordable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us