Kenwood head unit - wiring and problems

Unregistered guest
I have a Kenwood KDC-X759 I recieved from its original owner, the company I work for. It was taken out for alleged problems (power-up but no function button action, no CD eject) and replaced with a new unit. It seemed too nice a unit to trash, so I brought it home. The Kenwood wiring harness/connector was included, but I have no idea what wires do what, other than the four speaker pairs, the black ground and the red power. The remaining wires are yellow, orange/white and blue/white, and all on the "power" side of the connector. I'm hoping to be able to tinker with it a little and make it work, or at least be able to get it to the point where I can tell what the problems are so I can get it to a service center. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

cyrus_sha
Unregistered guest
well this will tell you can also tell you your cars wiring

for head unit http://www.the12volt.com/request/request2.asp

for your cars wiring
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.asp

Verner
Unregistered guest
For Everyone with the wine sound.

It is simply poor cabling, replace your RCAs with a higher quality cable that is shielded, consider shilding yourself with steel tubular mesh from any hardware store. I had the same problem, its just the cable picking up all the electrical noise in the car.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 65
The yellow is your memory power, or constant power. Meaning that your red is switchable or hooked up to your ignition. The orange/white is illumition. It get hooked up to your headlights so when your headlights are on the screen gets dimmer. The Blue/White is remote power for an external amp. Im guessing you don't have that so don't worry about it. Hope this helps. And Verner who is talking about wine sound?

Glenn D
Unregistered guest
There are also a lot of known problems with Kenwood MASK units where the internal ribbon cable that joins the front panel to the main PCB breaks. If this is a MASK unit it may be worth considering this. If it's that what's broken it costs £50-£80 at most service centres to get it repaired or you can buy a replacement cable from ebay for about £12 and do it yourself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us