Why does everyone say Audiobahn is bad?

MoThug1678
Unregistered guest
I noticed everyone saying that Audiobahn is not good. I guess I'm asking to know what exactly is wrong with their subs and amps? Such as...are the subs made of a bad material, do they overheat, do they lack excursion, do they blow easily? Same kind of stuff for the amps. All input is appreciated. Thanks all.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I haven't herd any of audiobahn's new stuff but I have 3 of there older amps and have no problum with them overheating or anything like that. They say audiobahn started going for looks insted of performance. Now they are poorly built.

Username: Tj_19852005

Greentown, IN United States

Post Number: 9
Audiobahn is good but i think they are a bit overpriced the rating seem descent when u get into the top of the line but ive heard audiobahn they do a good job.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 356
It's much easier to say ALL Audiobahn sucks. I on the other hand don't agree. I have their HCT model and it works great. Doesn't even get warm. I'm using A4125HCT in 3 channel mode, rear and sub. It really pounds. I can't even set the remote bass control more than half way.

Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 3
I actually started this thread, as MoThug1678, and now decided to register because I am becoming a fanatic as my budget grows :-) Now, how about some advice on setting my amp gains (I know there's been a lot said on this topic) and also bass boost and frequency. I have A2300HCT and 2 AW1006T subs - 900RMS each (supposedly). My deck has 4V pre-outs, so I understand to set the master gain to about that (i set it at almost 6 because otherwise I'm not getting enough juice). My subs are in a "pro box rocks" box (1.35cu.ft. per side with a slot port - not sure if that matters). I need to know what frequency to set the LPF? What should I set the bass boost gain to? What should I set the bass boost frequency to?
Also, the subs are wired to get 4ohm load. I didn't wire them myself, but from what I can understand the coils are seriesed and then subs are paralleled and amp bridged. I guess this is for Isaac...I've seen knowledgable input from you :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
Hey Oleg, you can set the master gain to 4v. It'll give you more thump. I wanted soft but tight bass like the ones you hear from cars a block away by setting LPF to around 60 - 70hz, bass boost gain to 17db, and bass boost frequency to about 50hz. It all depends on what kind of bass you want. Some people just want it loud, me on the other hand, wanted certain kind and thanks to the multi controls, I was able to achieve it.
My sub is wired for 2ohms total with the amp bridged. By the sound of it, I think you have 4ohms DVC subs. Try wiring them in parallel to itself and then both subs in parallel again. This will give you 1ohm load. You will almost get 2x the bang for the money.
Just remember, as you raise the bass remote control, you're also increasing the amp's output power.

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 5
Thanks Isaac! Yeah, the subs are DVC 4ohm. Here's the other question. I know the ohm is said to be 1ohm stable, which I'm sure you know because you have the one kind of like it, but will it really handle 1ohm? I saw wiring diagrams on the audiobahn site that even suggested .5ohm wiring diagrams. If your answer is "yes," then I guess I will do it that way...pos to neg for coils and then just subs to amp? Thanks for the help, Isaac

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 6
I meant the AMP is 1ohm stable, not ohm :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
Hey Oleg, the amp is 1 ohm stable. I'm only using 2ohms cause my trunk can't handle 2 18" subs.
For your sub wiring, you mentioned pos to neg for coils. That'll give you 8ohms for each sub. You need to wire pos to pos and neg to neg per coil/sub. This way you'll get 2ohms per speaker. Then both subs connected in parallel, will give you 1ohms. Then end result is you will end up with one pos and one neg for the amp's terminals.

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 83
i have a question for you Isaac. if i have two subs wired individually at 1 ohm, and i hooked them up to a mono amp, what load will i have on the amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 410
Hey Hunter, that is a bit tricky. You said 2 subs wired individually, do you mean 4ohms DVC? If you wire each sub in parallel, you'll end up with 2ohms. If you repeat the same process on the other sub, you'll also get 2ohms.
Now if you connect both to the amp's sampe channel, you will get 1ohm load.
However, if you had 2 2ohm DVC and wired them in parallel, you'll get 1ohm per speaker. Now if you combine them in parallel on the amp, you'll get .5 ohms. Unless your amp can handle that, it'll quickly overload and shut down.
If your amp is 2ohms stable, you can take each 1ohm subs and wire it in series for 2ohms.

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 85
man i am very suprised that my power acoustik amp is holding up i need to rewire it. its 2 ohm steady and ive been running it .5 ohms. i am kinda shocked that it still works fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
Hey Hunter, if your Power Acoustik works great, why don't you list the model number so that others can benefit also.

Bronze Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 91
its a lt980/2 series. it may not work for everyone, but it works for me right now. do not think that all of these amps will work like mine. i may of accedently got one of their reject amps that is actually worth it

here it isUpload

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
Hey, that's what it's all about. Proving others wrong. I'm happy with my product and that's all that matters... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us