US Acoustics?

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Post Number: 24
does anyone have any comments on US Acoustics amps? in particular the USC4065. i've heard good things about them and the specs on this model look ok (S/N - 101, THD-.01%, 65x4 RMS). do specs really matter or are there too many intangible qualities that seperates one amp from another to put a lot of weight on specs. i was comparing the USC4065 to the Eclipse 3422. i know eclipse makes better amps, but is the US Acoutics amp as close as its numbers suggest?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 413
From what I hear, US Acoustics amps are the cheaper version of US Amps.
I haven't heard much about them though. So if you get a good bargin and you're satisfied with 65W power rating, then go for it.
I do have one advice for you, never buy a cheap 4 channel amp. You'll find it performs poorly and pick up lot of noise. Two channel amps are less prone to noise pickup than 4.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
thanks isaac. those specs look ok though huh? s/n of 101 and THD of .01% seems to be better than a lot of amps i've seen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
Yes, the spec looks good. Now let your ears be the judge.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
unfortunately, hurrican ivan destroyed all three of the only car audio places within an hour of here (best buy too, but that doesnt make me mad;). so i wont be able to test any high-end equipment before i buy it. the only place still in business had the roof over it's amps and speakers room blown off, and now all they have is a bunch of boxes, 4 alpine hu's, 3 eclipses, a few sony's, and two amps. that's why i really appreciate all the advice ya'll have given me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
That's a slim picking, but good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
thanks isaac. wish i could test 'em in person, but it's all good. compared to what i have now(stock '84 tape player), anything i get will sound incredible, but its great to get some quality feedback on what are some of the better sounding products out there. i'm probably going to stick with one amp to power my components and my sub. i know it's not the best setup, but it will be all that i really need. what do you think about Triway capabable 2 channel amps? seems like i wouldnt have as much control as a 4 channel amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
Hey JW, almost all the amps will do tri-way. The only extra piece you'll need is a passive filter (coil) and a non polarized capacitor for the full range speakers.
Four channel amp is a better way cause you can always turn it into 3 channel. That's what I'm doing with mine. One channel (bridged) for sub, and the other 2 for rear. Works great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us