Wiring 2 amps Extremely Annoying Problem PLEASE HELP!

jim 2
Unregistered guest
Hello,
Im tryin to run 2 identical 300w rms amplifiers in my car. I did not read any instructions or plan anything out cuz i thought it would be pretty easy(WRONG!). I have 4 gauge wire running off my battery and then split into two 8 gauge for each of my amps (and a - to the chassy of course). At first nothing worked so i took the remote wires off and bypassed the circuit by connecting the + and - wires. When I do this with either of them they both work fine, however when i try to turn them on together neither of them work. They flash on for about 1/4 of a second then turn off. Why is this????
THANKS

jim 2
Unregistered guest
Oh ya, its on a '91 crx with a good battery but stock alternator

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 237
Yeah Hondas do have weak alternators, but i dont think thats yor problem. Well we know your remote wire is no good, since it turns on when you connect it to the battery line. Do you have you amps grounded in seperate places? The amps that tunrs on might have a better ground than the other one. Also make sure your not mounting your amps to metal, if so drill them onto a board. good luck

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 489
Hey Jim, you need to get a multi-meter and measure the voltage on the remote wire. If it is dead, then check the fuse box, if they're okay, you could use ignition wire to turn on the amps.

Silver Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 103
yeah man, i had the same problem, check your fuses first off before you do anything, it could just be that, try puttin new ones in and see if they work like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us