Best Sub for my Amp, Brahma or Orion?

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 119
Hey, I am running a Hifonics Brutus 1500 that is 1000 at two ohms and 1500 at one. Currently I have a single VC 4 ohm sub so the amp is only pushing 500 watts at 4 ohms. Thinking about changing over to either a 10 inch Brahma or a 10 inch Orion H2, the brahma is dual VC 2 ohms and the Orion is 4 ohm DVC. So, my Hifonics would be driving the Brahma at 1500 RMS and the Orion at 1000. I know the Hifonics is not the greatest amp in the world but it works ok and I do like the lighted remote bass knob, so I am sticking with it. It does tend to run hot though, so I wonder if I am better off just running it at 1000 RMS so would the Orion be a better choice? I have researched both subs and both have high recommendations. I appreciate any info anybody could give me.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1093
i would go with the orion here, the brahma would be overdriven quite a bit by this amp even though they can handle 1600w rms, its thermal not mechanical

the h2 is more applicable with 1000wrms than 1500w rms on the brahma

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 120
Thanks bacon, I was thinking along the same lines myself but it makes me feel better that you agree. The Orion is even a few bucks cheaper so I think this is the best set up for me.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1100
nice..

unless the brahma is in a very small box (probably sealed) i would never put that much power on it

just fro future referance...and i hope all goes well with your h2 :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us