Pioneer deh-p3100

Username: Scottm068

Cary, Illinois U.s.a.

Post Number: 1
my radio is mounted in my work truck and hooked up to some cheap speakers. last week i was getting a distortionate sound that buzzed along with the voices on the radio. when i turned it down or jiggled the radio this would usually take away the problem but it would start doing it again after awhile. the other day the left speaker went and i jiggled the radio it came on for a bit then went altogether and the next day the same happened with the right speaker. now i have no sound what so ever...it scans and tunes just fine, the fuse is fine and it has power...any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 471
Hey Scott when you say "jiggled" do you mean shaking the radio unit? Isn't is suppose to be screwed down? Not a safe practice.
Anyhow, you might either have a loose speaker wire or a short somewhere. Check all your wires carefully.
If you installed the unit with the wiring harness, then check to see if that's plugged in tight.
The symptoms you're describing are most likely wire related.

Username: Scottm068

Cary, Illinois U.s.a.

Post Number: 2
hey isaac thanks for the feedback!! well the radios loosely mounted but strapped down in the truck due to the fact that i drove off road alot with the truck (im in construction) the guy who installed did his own little wiring job with a harness. everything worked great up until all the buzzing and such. when i say jiggle the radio i mean tilt it up or down a little...the harness is pretty secure. do you think maybe the contact points for the speakers went bad? or something just inside the head unit shook loose? as tilting a little made the buzzing go away.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 484
Hey Scott, when it comes to electronics, any jiggling or shaking is not good. What I'm suspecting is that maybe one or more wires have become loose and possibly touching a metal casing. Check for all loose or bare wires. Sometimes the electrical tape on the soldered wires may become loose over time and fall off, thus causing a short.
Hopefully it'll be a simple fix.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us