Power Acoustik amp questions

Bronze Member
Username: Nalej85

Grand Prairie, Tx USA

Post Number: 17
I have 2 questions.I've heard that amps offering db control are very bad.I have a Power Acoustik 2400DB Class D amp.It is rated at 2400 watts peak,1200 watts rms.I also know its not CEA power compliant. How many watts do you guys think I'm actually getting(peak and rms).Also I know power acoustik doesnt have the greatest reputation for audio,so is this amp worth holding on to?I plan on hooking it up to two JBL Gti 10's.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 71
you know, i also have a power acoustik amp, and i have abused it for about half a year now and to my suprise it still works fine. its not the same amp though. i have a 980/lt. your probably not near 1200 watts rms though. I think they say to take your fuse(s) size and divide it by twelve or something like that. try the amp and then decide if its worth keeping, your opinion

Bronze Member
Username: Nalej85

Grand Prairie, Tx USA

Post Number: 18
Here is the info on this amp
Max Frequency Response: 150 Hz
Min Frequency Response: 15 Hz
Peak Power Output: 2400 W
RMS Power Output: 900 W
Signal To Noise Ratio: 100 dB
THD at Rated RMS Power (Unbridged): 0.5 %
I though it was 1200 rms,guess not

MoThug1678
Unregistered guest
I have 2 Power Acoustik amps, one for mids/highs and another for subs. The one for highs runs very well, very clean, and very loud. As for subs, my amp was the ov2-1600 and rated 800watts RMS and I will tell you that it did not deliver it :-(
It blew both of my sub in just over a year because of distortion. I recommend getting those amps only for lower power applications because they deliver good sound for the money, but they do not do subwoofers justice. I sold that amp to my friend because he had low power subs, and I got the Audiobahn 2300HCT, rated 1200Watts RMS and that thing truely delivers. You can even get 2400Watts RMS from it if you you have 2 DVC subs with coils wired in parallel and then subs wired in parallel as well, not sure what your JBL's are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us