What high-quality brands have a compenent system with silk tweeters?

Brian Hunter
Unregistered guest
What high-quality brands have a compenent system with silk tweeters?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5803
are you looking for a flat treble response?
if so, look at dynaudio. very good for that.. not overly bright.

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Dynaudio. Agreed.

Must not be a rock music guy.
The reproduction of a Tommy Lee high hat just isn't the same as with a metal tweet.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5819
only tommy lee I have on CD is dr. feelgood from back in the 90s.. haha may get theatre of pain one day too.

most of my taste is varied, but I like anything from BB King, Louis Armstrong and Ella, to Sting, Tori Amos, Sarah Mclachlan, and that sort of thing, to smooth jazz like Incognito, to classic rock, industrial, etc.. lots of pink floyd, and lots of mobile fidelity sound lab gold CDs :-)
I like natural sounding highs.. between my dynaudio system 360 front stage, and two 12" RE triple X subs, I use a pair of EQTs to shape the soundcurve for accuracy on a 1/3 octave RTA for SQ events. I appreciate realism in music.
same reason I use Martin Logan ESLs and KEF Reference mains at home on Krell class A amplifiers.

On a side note though, if I do want to brighten up the treble a bit, I have a pre-amp/EQ in-dash (Orion 300PSW) that I can use to set the center point and boost for treble as well as bass. handy little simplistic sort of parametric EQ for on the fly tweaking when I'm alone in the car.

Username: Brian_hunter

Tacoma, Washington United States

Post Number: 1
I love to rock. The metal domes are so harsh, especially when there right in your ears. If you tune your system correctly there is no need for metal domes, in my opinion. So any other brands besides Dynaaudio or is that brand that much superior to other 1's? I need tweeters & 6.5's in front. My rears are like 3or4 1/2, kinda weird if ya ask me. Also 2 10's for subs but those are last cause I NEED my front speakers. Please help me find speakers for my car, I want top of the line sound but I know there's brands I haven't heard of that are just as good or better that the best common speakers.

Post Number: 2
Oh by the way, I'm looking for a natural sound. Just like the band is playing live.

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
CDT and Focal are two brands that have excellent reputations and are known well by the car audiophile crowd and not the Circuit City/Best Buy crowd. Please keep DEPTH in mind with these two brands.

Infinity Perfects are pretty good if you don't want to drop four or five bills. Whatever you get, please tell me that you're driving them with an amp.

I have MB quart premiums hooked to a meaty JL Stealth amp ($379). The X-overs are high quality and allow for four tweeter settings. I have the entire Dave Matthews live library and I swear the band is playing in my car. I love the imaging of metal. I have Klipschorns at home. ALL personal taste, man.

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
CDT and Focal are two brands that have excellent reputations and are known well by the car audiophile crowd and not the Circuit City/Best Buy crowd. Please keep DEPTH in mind with these two brands.

Infinity Perfects are pretty good if you don't want to drop four or five bills. Whatever you get, please tell me that you're driving them with an amp.

I have MB quart premiums hooked to a meaty JL Stealth amp ($379). The X-overs are high quality and allow for four tweeter settings. I have the entire Dave Matthews live library and I swear the band is playing in my car. I love the imaging of metal. I have Klipschorns at home. ALL personal taste, man.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5862
yeah I was going to say the same. CDT Classics, Focal, DLS, Rainbow if you can find an Arc Audio dealer.. they're the only auth'ed US dealers for Rainbow.

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 is good. I use a set as my fronts in a JGC, and now they're only about $200 per set on ebay brand new.
the Perfects can be a bit harsh though, so with mine, having the tweeters in the dash, I use the -3dB setting for the tweets to suppress them a bit.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 158
Something else to look into, if you don'r have alot of $ to spend is Boston Acoustic. The Pros, when installed right, have a very well balanced sound.

Post Number: 3
Is there a way on metal dome tweeters to tune them so they aren't so exaggerated in treble? Iv'e heard them in person but with Xovers & EQ's is it possible?

Post Number: 4
Between DynAudio, Focal & CDT what do you think is better for component set-up? Is hacking my back speakers worth it to fit larger woofers & putting smaller mids in 6.5 brakets or should I just 6.5 in front with tweeters and use the itty bitty backs to brighten up the subs? Any of ya heard those inverted tweeters that Focal makes? Sounds like it might be good but I don't want waste my money on it.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5896
you can use 1/3 octave EQs or Parametrics to tune just about anything.

Dyn, focal, or CDT.. personal opinion.
audition them and see which you prefer.

Post Number: 5
Where can I hear them? I've looked but havent seen any of em.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 162
Look at their web sites. They all should have a search that will tell you find the closest dealer.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5904
that or go to competition events and find competitors using the products you want to hear.. that's another option.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Post Number: 11
Glass, great taste in music!! What brand of CD's do you recommend for burning MP3's(high end and next step down)? What bitrate do you recommend? Thanks.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5927
I use EAC (www.exactaudiocopy.de) with the LAME codecs for MP3 compression and rip my own using a Plextor drive. If I want the best quality I'll use MFSL's (www.mfsl.com) 24K gold UltraDisc CD-R media.
Below that, I like Verbatim's DataLife+ media.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us