Is this amp any good

Username: Cmoresk8er

Post Number: 1
is a cuspid 1600 watt 4 channel amplifier any good? I have 2 12'' jensens and 2 10'' bazooka subs and i need something to make my cavalier hard to sit in when the music is up and i am on a really tight budget of something under $90.00.
The model number for the cuspid is CPA-2201.Or model number AM-4310. Someone please help me with this.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 358
Hey Matt, that amp sounds like a Pyrimad's ad. You won't really get 1600W. It is an inflated peak number. I bet it's really low in rms, that is why they're not even listing it.
Anyhow, if you want a powerful amp at a cheap price, try a used MTX 6500D. It is a class D amp with 500W rms. At 14.4V, it's rated at 775W rms. That's enough to blow your subs away.

Post Number: 2
would a pioneer 760 watt 2 channel push my subs hard?

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
Hey Matt, this is what I know so far about Pioneer and Kenwood amps. They sound alright at normal volumes but as you turn up the heat, it lacks the thump. I didn't know what that meant till I heard it on my Audiobahn HCT series amp. It somehow sounds 2x more powerful even at the same volume setting as my old amp.
If you want loud sounds, then I'm sure Pioneer/Kenwood would do, but if it's that hard hitting bass you want, you might want to try another brand. The MTX amp I mentioned above is a powerful one. If you get the optional remote bass control, I am positive you will love it.
At 775W rms, it will tax your subs heavily. The only reason why I didn't buy that amp was, I needed more thump for my 18" MA Audio speaker. My current amp is 2000W rms.

Post Number: 3
would 2 pioneer 760 watt amplifiers give me the bump that i want? My car is a 1993 chevrolet cavalier and i have two 10 inch bazooka's and 2 12 inch jensens. Will that give my car that bump i want?

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
Hey Matt, if you're looking for strong bass, then you need an amp that has 18db+ in bass gain control with low filter, SN ratio greater than 100. Lot of the cheap amps come with 12db with no filter control.
If you're set on getting Pioneer amp, then invest on a filter so you can adjust the bass.

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 62
i think they need to change this part of the forum from AMPS to ASK ISAAC

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
Ha ha, well glasswolf is sick so I'm trying to help out.

Azzhole
Unregistered guest
I dont recommend using any form of bass boost
honestly.
They cause clipping.
Listen to Isaac if you wanna.
Although hes the one using an 18" MA audio sub
and an audiobahn amp..........
Then again, Im not one to recommend cheap equipment
in the first place.
Because I dont buy it.

Post Number: 4
how much would a filter cost?

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
Hey guy, it's not cheap, I wouldn't say it's expensive either. It's just good for people on a budget.
An active filter costs anywhere from $50 - $200. All depends on what brand/options you want.
Try with the amp of your choice then gradually add pieces till you get the desired result.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us