I got SCREWED by buying on EBay

Bronze Member
Username: Mikeminyi

Post Number: 14
Hi, all:
My local stereo shop just installed my complete car stereo system I bought on Ebay. Turns out

** The Amp( ECLIPSE 32440) had problems like RCA unit, and cold socket. It took my stereo shop $70 to fix this.

** The Sub (12" Ported 3/4 MDF JL AUDIO Subwoofer). All connection are fried. The Sub is still usable, but it makes the constant "hissing" noise.

I feel like an idiot by buying everything on Ebay. Can you guys give some suggestion in terms of what I should do?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your helpful response.

Mike S.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 262
have you contacted the seller with the problem, ebay has several ways to handle these matters.
I know I have bought several things off of ebay and only got 1 doa amp, which the seller replaced immediately. Most people on ebay are very serious about maintaining a good rep. I'd talk to the seller. Then decide what type of feedback to leave him.

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Post Number: 63
Yeah, Recently I bought a MTX sub of eBay and there was only a very minor problem with it, The seller sent me a new one within days. But talk to the seller if you havent yet as kox mentioned. If you payed by paypal, file a complaint so you could attempt to get your money back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I have send both sellers an email about my situation. So now I am just crossing my fingers.

Thank you for your response and input,
Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 57
Did you buy it from an individual or a company? Which company? Was it new or used? I've purchased from IndoAudio and they were really good. Fast delivery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I got emails back from both sellers. One wants to give me credits for the sub speaker. The other wants to pay $45 for my Amp repair cost.

Is this something that is reasonable?

I know that right now I just want anything I can get.

Thanks,
Mike

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
The credits part is fine as long as it is for the same amount that you sent.
The $45.00 is a coin toss. IMO.
IMO you should not have had the stereo shop fix the amp, without first contacting the seller.
At this point I think I would try to get the full 70 out of him, and if he won't go for it the only alternative is take the 45 and chalk the rest up to a learning experience.
Explain to the person that the amp being bad is not your fault. If the auction guarenteed it not to be DOA remind him of this. Explain to him that this is one of your first auctions, that you are young, on a limited budget, yada yada yada.
And then hope and pray.
At least he is willing to meet you a little better than half way, so that should ease it some.
Next time be sure and ask a lot of ?'s, if they won't answer steer clear of that auction. Ifd they do, save all e-mails for future reference, it is always better to use a persons own words against him, then jsut to flat out argue with him. Besides you can use paypal and ebay both by filling complaints against whomever, and if you save the e-mails you have proof of what was said.
I know I create a folder in my e-mail account and put all e-mails concerning that item in that folder. It stays there until I have received the item, and if it is electical (car stereo) it stays there until it is installed and working properly. I also explain this to the seller and ask him what if it takes me a month or so to find that it is not what it was represented to be. Will he still make it good. I know I've never had a problem, the biggest share are really easy to get along with.

Bronze Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 84
Do not buy from Tecbuyz.com. Ever. I paid $1250 for one 15" L7 because he charged my card twice and only sent me half the order. Sucks, but what u gonna do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
lucas;
did you contact your card company and complain. I've had that happen before and they (THE CARD) TOOK 1 OF THEM OFF.

Bronze Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 92
It's my bank and they don't do stop payments on debit cards. :-(

mustangguy
Unregistered guest
If someone charged me double and didn't pay me back i'd be finding out where they lived and i'd give them a visit..

Bronze Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 96
Canada. It would cost $400 to driver up there and back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
have you called them?
Do they do c.o.d.'s?
if they do order a bunch of stuff then don't accept it.
seriously I'd call them. They should straighten it out for you, especially if you can send them photostatic copies of your billing, to prove that they charged you double. There are laws against that sort of thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Ohiopilot

Post Number: 13
That's a pretty simple cause of fraud. I'm sure Canadians have a local or district Attorney General that prosecutes cases of consumer fraud like this. It's as simple as a phone call and providing some copies of documentation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us