I got the best thump

big tyme
i have 30 pyramid 18 inch subs i have 2 12inch superpro yes its pyramid with tweeters an 8inch superpro yes its made by pyramid 80 sony amps there biggest amps cause thats what it takes i
put 2 pyramid tweeters in the rear deck with two
jensen 1000 watters going to each no crossovers
had some imageing problems i just upgraded my deck
to 8track see you at daytona sound comp i will bein the geo metro

DirtTrackRacer
LMAO

Anonymous
haha, i also hope u "have" a strech hummer...

Anonymous
Pyramid sucks

Anonymous
If this is the guy in the green geo, then he is actually being serious....but pyramid sux a$$

big tyme
ITS ME IN THE 2004 GREEN GEO WITH THEM TRIPLE
GOLD SPOKES SPENAZ MAN WITH THAT YANDY GREEN(CANDY PAINT JOB,BUT IN SOUTH FL WE CALL IT YANDY)
PEANUT BUTTER GUTS(INTERIOR COOLER) AND SO UPGRADES HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH SOUND STAGE$IMAGE
SO ADD SOME 12"AND8"WOOFERS WITH TWO DOUBLE BARREL
BULL HORN TWEETERS (200ozMAGNET ON THESE TWEETS
THEY MADE BLOOD COME OUT MY EARS)WITH A PYRAMID
2000 CLASS D AMP ON EACH DRIVER THATS 6 AMPS NO CROSSOVERS THAT FIX MY PROBLEMS. IF YOU GOT PROBLEMS WITH IMAGING SEND MESSAGE I SOLVE IT FOR YOU

U.S. CITIZEN
Hey big tyme,dont you have a brother named dagamehaschanged?You illiterate bastar*d.What,did you think you could post under another name and not have anyone notice.I havent seen bad grammer like that since my trip to Mexicali.BTW,how is you who*re mother Miss Spell doing?

I have 10 JL audio 10w7's and 4 earthquake comp amps all custom fitted in my Navigator and i am hitting a average of 260 on the decibles. If this big tymer cat things he can top that then try. I have yet to come home not a winner. I've came home with atleast the louds system on the decibles chart. Hey if he wins ill give him my system shyt ill give him my Navigator. Plus wut the fucc his garbage he calls a system probably wouldnt even hit a quater of wut im hitting.

MEXXX
260db and your still alive?At around 190db AIR starts to clip.The force is equal to 1 ton of TNT going off ten feet away.

T
Lol thank you for the example MEXXX navigator is a moron hes f*cking stupid hahahhahahahahaha 260 what a moron. oh and pyle sucks hahahha pyle of SHYT as our moron likes to say.

MEXXX
Oh,btw I wasn't jokeing about my last post.Those are actual facts.So dont expect your car to be hittin in the 180s anytime soon.I doubt any spl vehicle will ever hit a TRUE 180db with conventional linear subs.Thinks of it this way,a gain of 10db is 10 times the volume,20 db is 100 times the volume,and 30db is 1000 times the volume!!!So if you can hit 150db with your car,180db is 1000 times louder!!!!!

Anonymous
Someone hit 180 before, but they had to turn the system up with a remote, and when they got to 180 they shattered all the glass in the area, 180 db is the sonic boom from a jet when it breaks the sound barrier. The guy who said he has hit 260, that will probably destroy a car, hes full of it. But im not into sounds like yall i am just hooking up a sony xplod system that will make all my friends at school cry.

MEXXX
Its not as easy to hit high spl on the new db drag mics.180db on the old mics relates to about 174-175bd on the new ones.I believe last years world record holder hit something like 176.5db.And that was in the Extreme 9-12 class.The new mics read actual resonant air pressure and translate it into decibels.They are extremely accurate and stay calibrated alot better.

Hydro
HEy Big Tyme Ill see u in daytona when I get all my sh1t finished I have 4 Resonant Engineering 15" triple x subs and all I need is the amps to power them thinkin about memphis amps to power them but u bring ur ugly a$$ Geo with 30 pyramid 18's Ill slap the taste out of ur mouf when u see me hittin Higer db's than you with just the 4 15's.By the way Ill be in the White 02 Grand Prix and Im just now gettin started with building my system and I do make alot of $$$$$$$ ha ha ha ha ha ha

biglyar
bigtyme, if you are running a Pymamid class D amp on highs you will get the most pathetic RTA score ever recorded.

D is for Dirty when it comes to amps. Go back to school...

Rudy
LMAO!!!! I feel there's some mad hate going on. BTW, Navigator is complete F*****. LOL

u.r.full.of.it
D class amp? LOL LOL LOL
D is for dirty, and this fella needs to make his lies a bit more believeable

i would love to see 30 18 inchers b/c that would be a sweet looking system, but looks wont win the loudness!!!! and 260 db is COMPLETE B.S., id like to see speakers go 80 dbs over a sonic boom.
but what do i know im a Rockford Fosgate and Volfen fan......

zac davis
go easy on nav on 24's, he also claims in a diff. discussion "CAR Audio:Subwoofers: any 1 want a 500/1 jl amp new????" that his nav hit "210 on the decibals". he's obviously just a kid trying to hang with the big boys. ps i'm gonna stick with my digitaldesigns.:) what's the deal w/resognat's, i never heard of'em.

Hydro
YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF RESONANTS OMG

zacdavis
nope, is that the brand?

Hydro
There called resonant engineering subs go to reslp.com and u will see what Im talkin about

zac
cool, i'll b right back

zacdavis
ya, they're pretty wild lookin, the top plate is just massive, these subs look serious. i would like to get a couple to try them out. who sells them?, i do have a valid tax id and re-sellers permit(i own a small shop) so if you know of any distributors that sell'em that'd be even better. what do they retail for. also which model is their flagship?
thanks hydro

motoman22
zacdavis, contact Resonant directly and tell them you need demo units, full TS parameters, and any info they have on recommended enclosures, types, etc. Just tell them that you are a mobile audio installer and you're interested in carrying their brand.

They may want you to return the stuff after a few weeks but they aren't cheap and you may find a very limited market anyway.

Hydro
Yea what motoman said is pretty much it and I think there main distributors are located in canada

zacdavis
thank you guys, i'll do that.
i'm up very early to finish this install in a boat that is being picked up today(2002 300 eagle xp elliminator). it's been challenging, but i think he'll be happy with it. the boat has twin 502, 500hp motors, and inside(only)of the engine bay is splatter painted, so i of course i had to polycarb the top of the sub box and splatter paint the inside to match it. it's been a loooong time since i've done that,(it's still fun guy's). anyone remember those good ol days when it was in? i'm trying to remember some old brands, like, savard, umm..sentrek, who else, oh ya how bout those old craig powerplay amps, omg. sorry
well...off to work
p.s. moto or hydro,if you could e-mail a contact name & # for resonant (if you know) it would be greatly appreciated,thanks
zacdavis@sbcglobal.net

Mike Brown
Yo, I just recently brought a old school hifonics Hercules VII 200 mono amplifier. I plan on putting it my 1997 Chevy Silverado, along with 2 xtant 15s 350rms and 750 max power. Do you guys think this amp can get the job down or would it be too powerful for subs let me know? I'm really not use to the old school amps, I just heard a lot of great things about them. Let me Know..

motoman22
Zac, I still find Savard subs new in boxes packed away in smaller shops. They practically give them away now that the company is defunct. Picked up an 8-ohm RAP-15 for $20 the other day and it's never even been mounted. I LOVE Savard subs and spent quite a few evenings on the phone with Bill Savard going over bandpass designs and built some wicked 7th order enclosures.

What do I have sitting around right now that's 'old-school'...
-couple of old Kicker C-12 subs (with the gold 'Kicker' on the dustcap, remember those?)
-four 10" Hi-Q Savard subs
-three 15" RAP 15" subs
-one Hi-Q 15" sub (EVIL!)
-two RAP-12" subs

My workhorse amp is still the Linear Power 5002 (and I'll put it up against any of these new 1000+ watt amps ANY DAY!)

Um...I know I have another box with some old Punch HD amps in it somewhere but they're busted. Missed out an a chrome Power 650 on Ebay last week, went for almost $1100 and I soooo wish I had the cash.

Anyway, cheers to the old school! If you have any Savard 10 or 12" subs, I have some wicked bandpass specs that I can send you. Just lemme know (especially if you have two 8-ohm 10" Hi-Q series)

motoman22
Mike Brown, that amp will certainly work just fine. Remember, the gain does not always need to be cranked all the way up...start off low and be safe.

Hydro
Savard subs Ive never heard of them I guess Im too young Im 19 years old lol

zacdavis
hey whats up hydro 'n' moto, dude i'm so whooped right now, been workin w/so little sleep. i'm surprised you know so much at a young age hydro, i've read some of your posts and you give good advice n very knowledgable. and ya savard is pretty old school. hey moto, i do have a set of savard 10's in my storage shed that i started puting new surrounds on like 6 years ago, the dust caps are off and vc's are shimmed and ready to go but like all installers do, i never had time to finish(your own projects). i worked at mtx in monroe, wi. that sparked up repairing old subs in my spare time, gee i wish had some more of that! anyways, back to some other nostalgic equip., i have piles of old mtx thunder amp's, and punch amp's in need of repair. i have a tiny soundstream D60, and oh ya how about these?,
i just picked up a couple early ppi art amps but get this, instead of the shapes, they (one is red the other satin black) have a schematic silkscreened on the top. they look real cool, have you ever seen those before?
other stuff
soundstream ref 500
soundstream ref 700
audio control eqx concert(dual 13band graphic)
two kenwood kgc-6042(in dash parametric x^/eq)
a couple mtx "cranker" 12's and tons of other crap from over the years.
i also have a pair of kickers w/gold(the tinsel leads are so close to the basket they sometimes shorted n fried amps, haha)
btw i hate kicker(no reason just do)
i'll talk to ya'll later gotta get back to work
ps all audio guys i'm goona start a new discussion "you can see sound with your eyes", it involves a plexiglass tube and some math , if you anyone knows how i'm gonna build it start a new disscussion for us.(or i will when i've got some time)

Anonymous
A plexiglass tube with styrofoam beads?????Your not the only one who has taken a trip to a BOSE store.

Mike Brown
Aight thanks, but what do you think about the subs?? I mean would it be better for me to buy new ones?

zacdavis
bose stores have'em?how long?

Anonymous
Theirs are'nt actually tubes.It is one of their funky bandpass enclosures,but made out of acrylic so you can see the beads.

Anonymous
Hey zac,have you ever seen this monster http://pro.bose.com/pro/dd/product/pdfs/awcs2t.pdf .It is an amazingly simple transmission line design made out of two tubes cut to the right lengths.

zacdavis
150"long 60lb, is a monster. that band pass isn't any where near what i'm gonna do, you'll be able to see the wavelength via the tiny foam balls resonating in a long tube. the lower the cycle the longer the wavelength, the higher, the shorter, are you catch'n on yet?(a full wavelength at 27 hz meseared in feet would be 36,and 30hz = 37.5ft, and 10k would be only 1.35 inches.)

Drew
www.visionaryaudio.com/RE.htm
saw this and thought someone might want to see it. they say theyre selling resonant x-x-x's (they dont let you write exexex)

P.S.if anyone contacts them please post theyre prices

Anonymous
Ya,I get it zac.The two boxes in my car are designed with quarterwave theory.I have 2 custom built 15" rockford fosgate power HX2 subs.They have a differant cone and the surround is foam instead of rubber.If you want a picture of the box let me know.

motoman22
Hydro, Savard (Psycho Accoustics in Baton Rouge, LA) went up for auction on the courthouse steps in 1994 I think (or was it '93?) Anyway, Bill Savard was a genius with audio but apparently not with tax law. Oh well...he sold the rights to the HI-Q series to Autotek who built them for a while under another name.

Why all the fuss over the HI-Q? Simple, it beat the snot out of the Solo Baric and beat it badly in every test they could throw at them. Savard didn't get much press, he didn't pay for advertising in mags so they didn't include his stuff in their tests...except CA&E did include one of his single 10" bandpass systems in a test but wouldn't include it in the rankings. It outperformed the Kicker SoloBaric by just over 3db during an in-car test and still wasn't even rated. (3db difference is twice as loud to the human ear, big difference). They also had an 'unlimited power handling warranty' where they would replace your driver no questions asked if it died because it couldn't handle the power. I had to do this once and it was my fault, the box wasn't 100% air tight and the movement snapped a lead. Easy fix anyway but I got a new driver out of it.

That and after being used off and on for almost 10 years they still work.

Hold onto those silkscreened amps Zac! Those were beautiful amps that sure surprised me with their power.

I actually have a case of brand new MTX blue-coned 5.25" midbass. From the mid 90's but never sold and were lost in a warehouse. I picked them up cheap, they didn't remember how good they were...I love eBay :c)

Hydro
Hey moto or Zac u think u can get a hold of some of those Savard subs for me?

motoman22
Hydro, you can find them every now and then on Ebay. There's one of the more successful HI-Q enclosures listed right now, it's a single 10" bandpass that will freaking blow your mind if you remember that it's just ONE 10-year old 10" sub.

It's kinda beat up but it appears to be just cosmetic. They came painted black with blue speckles and a somewhat gaudy gold-plated Savard emblem on the front. They started the lexan window craze so it does have that...later models had neon lights inside (which looked SWEET on that gold centercap logo at night.)

Check it out, the shipping will be high but if it isn't blown then you'll be happy with it.

p.s. his pictures of it suck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3058090118

Anonymous
Had a quick question for you guys----I'm getting a 12" Kicker Solobaric in a Kicker Sealed Box (1 cu. ft.) installed in my acura cl on Friday. I'm powering the sub with a kicker kx600.1 amp which puts 300 watts into the 4 ohm sub in mono mode.

How high of an spl reading do you think I could hit with just the one 12" sealed solobaric sub? Everything else (tweeters, mids, 6"x9"s) are factory bose components.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks in advance.

--Drago

Drago
Had a quick question for you guys----I'm getting a 12" Kicker Solobaric in a Kicker Sealed Box (1 cu. ft.) installed in my acura cl on Friday. I'm powering the sub with a kicker kx600.1 amp which puts 300 watts into the 4 ohm sub in mono mode.

How high of an spl reading do you think I could hit with just the one 12" sealed solobaric sub? Everything else (tweeters, mids, 6"x9"s) are factory bose components.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks in advance.

--Drago

Drago
Sorry that my post came up twice---don't know why

Anonymous
HAAAAAAA. You will be lucky if you hit 125db. IF you know what your doing and lightning strikes you can push it to 130db.

Drago
Cool.

Thanks!

Drago
Turns out I can run the amp at 600 watts at 2 ohms into the dual voice coil 4 ohm kicker solobaric 12". How many SPL extra do you think I could get by doubling the power? 5???????

zacdavis
sealed box with give you sq, if you want spl use a ported box period

Drago
Already bought the sealed. But thanks.

hey guys does anyone know anything about volfen??? my sister bought a jeep and they were already in there and she was wanting to sell them? thanks for the help

Volfenhag.
total crap. the faster she can sell them, the better off she'll be.

Unregistered guest
hi i have 2 15inch pionere woofers and 2 5 inch bose with 1 inch tweeters ps the 15s have a five inch tweeter on both and then i have 2 5 inch magnovox speakers with 1 inch tweeters and a 120watt amp eq cd changer electric tuner and i know what ur saying thats nothing thats wimpy ill tell ya what tho it isent wimpy trust me i just listend to ac/dc on it full blast and am yelling when i speak now

hans dueshenbagen
Unregistered guest
volfenhag is awsome i have 2 1000w volfs powered by there 1600w amp and its a$$ kickingly loud. KEEP THEM!

tim brown
Unregistered guest
i know this system is a piece of crap but my friend gave it to me for my explorer. 2 lightning audio 10"s and a lightning audio 450 watt amp. how many (if any) decibels can i hit? and any recomendations for a new and much needed system?

big tyme
Unregistered guest
I still got the best thump. gonna put my tweeter
in a ported box with the 1000watts to each tweeter
so i can play loud and dirty as i want to.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us