Help with SQ subs

Bronze Member
Username: Thrust

Post Number: 62
Very close to installing the system into my civic EX. Here's what I got so far: www.geocities.com/bigt_here/thrustsystem.jpg The only thing I don't have is the subs. Not sure which ones to buy, but they need to fit these parameters- 15", Dual 4 ohm coils (or a speaker that is a 2 ohm load), amp pushes 520w rms x 2 @ 2 ohms so I'm guessing at least 600w rms sub will do. I'm going more for SQ than SPL. I've been looking at Phoenix Gold Ti15D's, Diamond Audios M6 line and also eclipse subs. Keep in mind that this system is pretty high-end and I want exceptional SQ (sound quality) rather than high SPL. Please make suggestions as to which subs I should buy. Thanks
']['

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 182
If your looking for SQ go with 12s instead of 15s. IMO when you run 15s and a good component system you will have a gap between the two. Since that is right in the area of stuff that you hear (and not feel) it can be very noticable. If you still want to run one sub look into the JL W6V2, JL 12W7, Boston Acoustic 12.5 Pro, or Boston acoustic G5 series. All 4 are great subs, that will stand alone by them self and fit in your power range.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us