Which sub shouls i buy?

Username: Apollo

Post Number: 1
I am trying to decide between two 12" mtx 8500's or one brahma 15"....which one will be louder?

Post Number: 2
I also will prbly go with a 1500watt brutus amp by hifonics. either that or the 1501d by mtx if i go with the 8500's.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
The brahma. The mtx are a good set of subs too.

Post Number: 3
yeah, i looked at the RMS and the brahma would be pushing 1600 and the two mtx's would be going at 1200 but the only thing with the brahma is i have never heard one before.

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 79
Tom your nub. the brahma would dominate the mtx....or any mtx, it will sound so much better and brahmas need less than 800 watts to fully power them.

Post Number: 4
thanks? i guess, i am still looking at both of them, but i am stongly leaning towards the brahma.

Username: Araknid

Post Number: 1
dominate any MTX? yeah ok what about the RFL152
can handle 4000 watts of power

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 253
The MTX 8500s are WAY over rated, you people are not comparing apples to apples; high RMS ratings mean NOTHING. Id personally go with the brahma it will own the MTX T8500, T9500 etc... The MTX 9500 quoted by glass "sits on the same level as an Alpine Type R and can not compete with Adire Brahmas, Alpine Type Xs, REs, JL, etc..."

Bronze Member
Username: Matt77

OK US

Post Number: 33
go wit the brahma over the mtx it is a way better sub than mtx but mtx does make good amps i think the subs suck and a amp to power the brahma would be a jbl 1200.1 of u can find one the hifonics is overrated and is only rms at 900 watts so it will prolly only do 700-800 true watts.

Post Number: 7
ah, how much is the jbl though? i can get the brutus for liek 239....

Bronze Member
Username: Mjv817

Post Number: 25
jbl 1200.1 for 200 at cardomain

Post Number: 9
and that will support the brahma? plus the brutus comes with the gain control that you can mount up front.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I looked at the JBL, it looks really good, especially after reading the reviews for it. have you tried this amp Matt?

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1069
ok...hands down, the brahma..

you wont need much more than 600-800 watts to get the brahma moving at full mechanical excursion, just because ratings are thermal, not mechanical as we all know...

i would be a little weary of applying 1200+ watts to a brahma, just because fo the reason it will reach its limits under 1000w

and if you look on adire's site, any power over 1000w rms is breaching their warranty is it would no longer be covered because of bottoming out, broken spider, tinsel leads, or anything caused by overexcursion

plus...have you heard a sub over its mechanical limits? sounds like crap and distorts reaaal bad on lower frequencies

i would reccomend a bp600.1 or BX750d for a brahma in almost any application..furthest i would go is a kx850.2 bridged to 4 ohms, since brahmas are all dual 2 ohm..even thats pushing it cuz kickers are underrated

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 59
my 850.2 pushes out 930 rms bridged on the birthsheet. it's one hell of an amp. prob a bit overkill for a brahma

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1071
my point exactly...

i wish they made dual 4 ohm brahmas so i could use my kx600.1 on a 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 80
i got a 15" brahma and was planning on useing a bx1000d? is this over kill will this hurt the sub.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Seince the Brahma is only 2Ohm SVC, the Hifonics Brutus BX1000D is rated at 700 RMS at 2ohm's.
Should be fine, the voice coils can take the heat, just a matter of what volume and gain your running on the amp if your sub where to malfunction.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1074
brahmas are dvc 2 ohm, not svc...

you can run them at 4 or 1 ohms...

a thunder1501d is a nice amp to go with 750+ watts rms at 4 ohms and 1500w rms @ 2 ohm if you want to run a pair of brahmas...

if you plan to use a bx1000d set and leave your gains at about 1/4 to 1/3 range, making sure you dont put out to high of voltage levels to over extend the sub and damage it

be careful of doing that especially in a larger box of 3 cF+

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Gah, sorry Visary Audio needs to find a better way to show infomation... my bad.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1076
not a big deal :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us