Little Wiring Issue

Fonsworth Fosgate
Unregistered guest
I found 4 neon tubes in another car and took them out. They all are independent lights. They each has a transformer box and a control box and cigarette lighter plug. I guess they are meant to be interior neon lights. What I want to do is sync the all together which means all four lights are hooked to one tranformer box and one control box. I also want to wire them to my battery. I want to put them under my car. If It's not possible to hook them all to one transformer the least is all of them to one control box and wire them to my battery. If anyone can assist me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 297
Hey Fonsworth, I don't think you can connect all the lights to one transformer. Usually, they're designed to output enough power for one. What you can do is attach them all to one control box. Last time I checked Walmart, they sold a wireless remote switch that you can install in your car and have devices turned on and off via remote control. That might be the easiest way for you.

Fonsworth Fosgate
Unregistered guest
thanks Isaac that cleared up one thing. Is there anyway possible to convert the cigarette lighter to a positive and negative wire... may be just clip away the cigarette lighter plug???

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 327
Hey you don't want to clip your cigarette lighter plug. Instead if you have to, buy an extension and cut that. This way you don't ruin anything valueable. FYI, the center piece is the positive and the outer ring is negative for that plug.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us