2004 Silverado, Ext.Cab Sub Enclosure

Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 5
Has anyone tried those custom "made to fit" under the back seat Sub enclosures.
I have a 04 Silverado and need some bass badd, but it is a work truck and I can't give up the back seat...Any suggestions on a good sub for that application would help too.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 260
i dont know the deminsions, but you can get a downfire box for your truck.

go to proboxrocks.com, they have what you are looking for (i have a buddy w/ 2 memphis 12's in one of their downfire boxes, they sound pretty good)

for my first system i had a forward firing box for a 98 EXT cab silverado w/ 2 10" kicker comps, it was pretty good.

as for building one yourself, you may have a hard time. you dont have much room to work w/ under there. those probox enclosures are solid...i recommend them, at least the sealed ones.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 261
oh...and for subs

i'd look at JLw0's, kicker comps, compVRs (not sure VRs will fit though), or maybe adire shivas.

i would cut the piece of wood out that separates the box into 2 chambers if you go w/ 2 shivas. they need a little more air space it i remember correctly.

Anonymous

I have a '01 x-cab Silverado w/ 2 12" subs running off a Memphis Belle uner the rear seat. Easy to make, just take your time. Mine is fiberglass and wood. Took me about a day to make it. The biggest box you can get is about 2cuft.

Ed

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 143
http://www.subthump.com/silverado.htm
check the downfire box. highly recommend their boxes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us