Car audio amatuer seekin assistence

Username: Ascended

Post Number: 1
hi, am new to this car audio stuff, i have a 1000 watts 2-channel legacy amp, it is 2 ohms stereo stable, and bridgeable into 4 ohms, and am running it to 2 audiobahn AT12, 4 ohms each, dual voice coil, but the thing that confuses me is that, my subs have a total of 8 terminals per sub, 2 pos and 2 neg on each side of the sub. i have no clue on how to hook them up properly, if u could just point me in the right the direction, i would be very gratefull. thank you for your time.

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 92
wow ive never seen that....thats audiobahn for you...that was your first mistake...

Help2
Unregistered guest
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=21&image.y=9&image=Submit

Option #2.
Make sure the 2 leads goto the respective "bridged"
output on your amp.

MoThug
Unregistered guest
The reason Audiobahn has this is to not cram the wires together and give you the agility to wire however you want to. For example, to wire in parallel you will ordinarily need to hook up 2 wires to each terminal. Here you can use another terminal for this. If you're wiring just one sub use either set of the terminals. You can see what I mean in this link...
http://audiobahn.com/tech/wiring/DualLug/2_sub_series_parallel.pdf
Oh and I think those subs are great. I have a pair of AW1006T's ran by the Audiobahn 2300HCT AMP...I think it can destroy a car if turned up all the way up.

Post Number: 2
thanks Help2 and MoThug, but one more question if u don't mind, umm.. how should i hook up my 2 subs to get the most out of my amp, without overloading it, pararell, series, stereo, brigded.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5854
wire each sub's coils in parallel to get a 2 ohm load.
then put one sub on each amp channel.
that's a 2 ohm stereo load, and peak output from the amp.

Post Number: 3
thanks dude(glasswolf), i tried 2 ways, i hook them up like u said, and they sound better, i also out of curiosity, hooked them up bridged like MoThug said, its weird but that actually sounds better, am not sure wich method is better, more importantly which is safer in the long run.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5875
actually a 2 ohm stereo load or a mono bridged 4 ohm load will produce the same amount of power.
there's really no difference between the two ways aside from which you prefer to wire.
below about 150Hz or so, you lose stereo separation anyway so it's really all mono either way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us