? enough power or not

Username: Mxpxl82

Post Number: 2
If my head unit pioneer 7600 puts out 50x4 watts does that mean the rms is 50 to all four speakers?! If it does, if it puts out 50 rms to all the speakers do you think that 50 watts will be enough for my 80 rms speakers or should I run an amp to get them closer to 80?! If the 50 watts will be enough ill only have to get a 2 channel amp to run my back speakers and that will save me some $$$.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 233
Well your pioneer head unit does NOT put out 50 watts RMS x 4 (more like 20 - 24). Most companies advertise this 50+ watt x 4 deal to trick customers into buying their product based on false power ratings; truth is your electrical system imposes a limit on what the HU can produce and that happens to be around 20 watts x 4 RMS. So will your speakers sound a lot better if you threw a 4 channel amp in the mix, HELL YEA! But if you want to go ahead and put some subs in (I assume that is what you mean) then by all means do so, just take it easy on the volume knob tell you get that other amp in. Your best results will be achieved if you run a 4 channel amp for your speakers and a mono Class D for your subs; hope this post has helped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us