Kicker or memphis amp for shiva

Bronze Member
Username: 50amps

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
I know there is quite a lot of info on here about the shiva but i was hoping i could get some info that deals with my setup in particular. My question is would it be better to get the kicker kx600.1 (600 watts) or the memphis mc500 D (500 watts) to power 2 shivas. They would be in larger ported boxes (around 3.5 cubes each) tuned to 24 hz. Would the shivas be able to reach close to full excursion in this larger box with 250 watts each or would it be neccessary to get the kicker which has 300 watts plus?

Thanks

Username: Kickerlover88

Norman, Oklahom USA

Post Number: 3
go with the kicker man, they are juss a good amp and you can always adjust the gain so you wont have to worry about blowin em

nice day to ya

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 32
thanks for the opinion. does anyone else have one about this matter?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 33
glass i know your busy but could u offer your opinion on this? i can't afford to waste any money.

Bronze Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 48
Kicker amps are nice and usually under rated. So it will probably put out more like 650-700 watts. set the gain properly and you should be fine. Memphis is good stuff too, but if you can get a more powerful kicker amp for the same price then do it, you won't be disappointed.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 35
okay thanks for the help

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 36
If it is not going to come close to maximizing the potential of the shivas than I will get the kicker. The kicker amp is actually going to be about 80 dollars more so I was wondering if I could get away with using the memphis?

Thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us