Alpine cda-9815 !

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 38
umm well pretty much i am just posting to say "heck yes" and "rock on"

i just bought the 9815 on ebay for $263, and it is amazing. i love it. it took me 15 minutes to swap it from my previous alpine HU, and over 2 hours to finally get all the settings exactly where i wanted them (for now at least :-) hehe)... which i think is great. I did not run the 10ga as suggested, but still noticed great improvements over the old one... also, i love mp3... i can endure the loss of SQ (which is slightly noticeable) because folder surfing is so much better than flipping through cd's... especially on the road.

this HU pushes my current walmart pioneer 4x6 and 6.5's just fine... but I cant wait to see what it can really do when i get the infinity kappa perfect 6.1's and jbl p180.2 i'm saving for... thats also why i didnt bother to run the 10ga... i'm not planning to run the v-drive for very much longer anyway...

oh and also... the bass is much cleaner and a little louder coming through the 9815 to an Xtant 301A and 2 shivas... I hadnt expected to gain bass quality when swapping HU's... i think it was mainly due to the fine-tuning from the 3-way crossover, and the parametric EQ.

also for reference... i do not use the MX feature... especially for CD's! why would you want unknown processing when you can customize your own with the EQ already? however, i do use it (on level 1) to smooth out some radio stations, and sparingly on mp3 tracks..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us