Setting up a complete system...NEED ADVICE

Unregistered guest
I own a 1985 Monte Carlo SS in which i am trying to build a system for. I know a little bit about car audio, but not near as much as you all. I have about $1,000 to spend on everything (subs, amps, wiring, speakers, capacitors, boxes, etc...). I can get any head unit I want under $350 FREE from Crutchfield.com (please tell me which one is best & why) I am wanting THUMP in my system but also good SQ. I am planning on buying Q-Logic kick panel enclosures for 6.5'' speakers. My trunk mesaures 48 inches tall X 68 inches wide. I am open to anything and would love to have a radical system. I also would like it to be somewhat readily removable, because this car runs high 11's low 12's, (I race this car, and don't need anything but motor weighing it down.) I would like if y'all gave me your opinion on what to get from top to bottom. Thanks 100. post here or AIM: Prof Dyablo

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 270
Well for the Amp and subs, I would go with on single 12'' Brahma and 1 JBL bp1200.1. If you want a kick @ss box I think you can get a preloaded box from Powered4sound.com for 500. Add 200 for the amp....and that leaves you 300 for the rest...dont get a cap get an alternator.
Get a wiring kick from walmart or something that should be about 30....so you have close to 270 to get the kicks and dont waste your money on rear components...

Prof Dyablo
Unregistered guest
no 6x9's?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 256
the new alt would run $150+ depending on how big you go so dont forget that.. i think you are going to run slightly short of money if you want kick panels/components because you will also need an amp to run those. save another 400-500 and you should be able to get everything you listed above

Prof Dyablo
Unregistered guest
I buy stuff online & E-bay too if that makes a diff.

#54danny#54
Unregistered guest
DONT GO EBAY TRUST ME...I GOT SCAMMED...JUSSSC 2 WARN U

Anonymous

Baloney I bought 90% of my system on ebay, saved about 500 dollars and didnt get scammed. Just make smart purchases and you'll be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Xxx

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 12
I bought whole sytem from US ebay and didn't get scammed and I live in Croatia.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5790
wow.. Croatia..
what's it like there?
never been.
most of my life has been in the US or far east.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 13
http://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/photos/
Check it out, let me know what you think.

You probably wanto know about caraudio here.

Best brands we can buy here is RF and kicker, there's no jl, mtx, pg, re, adire....
Price of kicker kx600.1 here is $800. On ebay it can be found for $250.
That's why averege croatian system is pioneer deh3600, some kenwood speakers, lanzar amp and pyle sub.
I see that nobody here doesn't have less then 2 subs, here only spl comps have 2 subs and their smthing like rf punch Z or HE.
Compared to you americans we'r probably 10 years behind :-)

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 228
LMAO
The s/h must kill your $$$.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 14
i bought 2 new pg subs for $50 and s/h was $100 with fedex.
But it was worth it, sold one for $160 and actualy earned $10 and got one sub for free

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5804
sweet
well, I've done a number of systems with a single sub, but most folks are pretty bass crazy around here so bigger = better in their minds.
you do gain +3dB from the second sub though, and another +3dB if the power is doubled to match the added sub, so it's certainly a noticeable difference.. particularly at lower volumes.

At present though I am only using a single sub in my Jeep.. mostly to conserve cargo room.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 15
hey glass, I saved some money and I'll be ordering 1 shiva soon, going for ported box, what size should the box be? i'm going to feed her with 300rms. To what freq. should it be tuned. and what size should be the port diameter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us