Need 4 channel amp that can be bridged to two ohm mono!

Username: Flyfishin4trout

Park City, UT USA

Post Number: 3
I need an amp to power my two rear speakers and some subs. The subs are in a two ohm enclosure. So I would like to have two channels bridged to two ohms and the other two in 4 ohm stereo. Does anyone know any amps that will do this. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 230
Hey Eric, have you thought of getting 2 separate amps? You don't really want to use Class AB amp to power the subs cause they use up a lot of current. It'll be cheaper on repair bills too if it breaks down.
I'm using 4 channel amp to power front and rear, sub amp to power the sub. Works great.

Username: Flyfishin4trout

Park City, UT USA

Post Number: 5
I have a Mcintosh MC431M that I was going to bridge for the front components. Suppposedly they like a lot of power. Bridging the 4 channel mcintosh would be 200watts to each channel. Instead of 100. I guess I should try to think of a way to reconfigire the system so that I use one 4channel and one mono amp. What would you do? I dont really want to give up the Mcintosh because its such a nice amp. Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5814
an old Orion 425HCCA
25 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms
stable to 1 ohm stereo, or 2 ohms bridged.
check ebay

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 231
That's a nice amp Eric. Isn't 100w x 4 enough power for your front and rear speakers? If you tune it right, you'll get wicked sounds out of that amp. All you need then is a Class D amp for the subs.
It'd be a waste to use Mcintosh to power the subs. Subs don't require that much quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us