Soundstream vs JL for the money

Bronze Member
Username: Vqman

Post Number: 23
considering a JL 300/4 costs $350 and a Soundstream Rubicon 600/4 costs $200, is the JL really that much better?

I already have a Rubicon 500/1 for my sub, and I like the idea of matching my amps...

but people keep turning their nose to the Soundstream RUBICON series amps...

are my Boston Z6's and Pro Series 6.5's going to sound that bad with the RUBICON?

thanks

-vq

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
dude, GET YOUR SOUNDSTREAM RUBICON.. period.. look, it really doesn't MATTER which one is TECHNICALLY "better" in the mass opinion of everyone else.. even if you heard both, YOU may think the JL is a 10 and the SS is a 9.5, but still end up getting the SS, not only for price, looks, preference to their company for any particular reason, whatever..

without reading your last question, i answered it.. what i'm saying is that NO, while the opinion of most will be to go with the JL, your speakers or system won't sound BAD or anywhere close to it with that SS amp.. by people saying that the JL IS a better performing and/or better built amp, that's not saying there's anything wrong with the SS or that it's a piece of..

so, go ahead and get your SS Rubicon.. i doubt u'll hate it.. have your amps match, and go treat yourself to a $100 shopping spree for whatever as well.. =P

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
now what are your thoughts on SS Van Gogh Series?

I like this Soundstream Van Gogh VGA500.4 Car Audio Amplifier

125w x 4 MRS
115 S/N Ratio

looks to be good

don't get to mad for asking

-vq

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
actually, when you asked about the s/n ratios of SS amps, in the other thread, i suggested you look at the Van Gogh.. if you were goin to get an SS amp, if i was goin to get an SS amp for my cabin speakers, i'd get one of those Van Goghs..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
are the van goghs their top of the line?

what about the Tarantula?

I think it is for looks...

but what do I know?

-vq
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us