Custom Enclosure

Username: Gambit_002

Post Number: 2
I have an explorer sport and i am looking into putting a custom box with a 10" sub. What sub should i put in there? I know i lose a lot of power and quality having it in such a small space, but what would be ideal?

Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 8
like everyone says first thing how much money are you planing on spinding on the 10 and what kind of amp do you hav or plan on geting

Post Number: 3
I would be willing to spend up to around $180 on a sub, i was thinking about JL audio 10W3v2, and possibly JL 250/1 amp.

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 34
there you go that is a good set up.

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 35
jl is a really good brand

Post Number: 4
But will the JL 10w3v2 fit in a such a small compartment? That cargo place has little room to work with.

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 37
how much room do you hav?

Post Number: 5
I just found out my Dad bought an MTX thunderform for my explorer witch has an MTX thunder 4500 sup in it. I dont really want this sub, i want a better quality sub...dose anyone know if i can fit a JL 10w3v2 in this enclosure? IF not are their any other good subs i can fit?

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 38
mtx isn't that bad! but if you don't like the mtx i wold stick with the jl.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 403
that mtx should hit for you

eaopopo
Unregistered guest
whats up mike actually mtx kicks it is not a mediocre sub at all. I myself always use kicker, but mtx is good and so are their amps!!!

Big D
Unregistered guest
MIke,
Sounds like you like the name JL. Listen to your MTX before you decide you "don't like it"

Big D
Unregistered guest
MIke,
Sounds like you like the name JL. Listen to your MTX before you decide you "don't like it"

Post Number: 10
I plan to listen to it before i change it out, but the fact that the sub is only 60 bucks is quite discouraging. I want quality and im willing to sepnd three times that on a sub. I will listen to it of course...i have nothing against MTX, only a 60 dollar MTX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us